cyclonejohn

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Horchata

As weak as the Democrats have been leading congress (confirmed by a 74% disapproval rating), the reason the Dems won't have as many congressional losses is because of the complete disorganization and carelessness of the Republican party. Needless to say I was very amused when I read about the latest Republican scandal about a bunch of Republican National Committee members spending donated money at a bondage themed sex club in California. The story was actually broke by the Republican blog, Red County. Naturally, they were outraged that their donated money was going toward clubs. According to Red County, this was part of the RNC's Young Eagle recruitment. My thing is I do not care what these guys did in their personal time. The real problem is that they decided they could expense it to the RNC and no one would care/notice. Needless to say, it has been a good two weeks for President Obama. The Dow Jones Industrial Average is inching closer and closer to 11,000. His health care reform bill has passed. And his opponents keep shooting themselves in the foot.

1. I have seen a few movies recently. On Saturday afternoon, Allie and I saw Alice in Wonderland. I had pretty low expectations. Some of my co-workers saw it and were disappointed. I actually really enjoyed it. Johnny Depp was beyond brilliant. I give the movie an A-. In honor of the Family Guy episode, I went to Blockbuster and rented Roadhouse. The Patrick Swayze action cult classic. It is so awesomely bad. There were parts that were just so ridiculous, it was actually really amusing and fun. If you are bored, check it out. I will give you an example. In one fight scene, a man's throat is ripped out! Then on the opposite side of the spectrum I saw The Philadelphia Story. Always considered in conversations for the top 50 greatest movies of all times. This 1940 comedy starring Katherine Hepburn, Jimmy Stewart, and Cary Grant was as brilliant as I expected. I give it an A-.

2. I absolutely love the new Vampire Weekend song "White Sky".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home