cyclonejohn

Saturday, March 27, 2010

the crazy train

I think I get a little bit of perverse pleasure everytime I read about the Tea Party's growing power. Today I was watching CNN and saw Sarah Palin give a speech to a caravan of 10,000 Glenn Beck clones. Some of my friends disagree with me, but I think the growing power of the Tea Party is only helping Democrats. One, the hardcore right wing is spending their money on the Tea Party and not on the GOP. Two, in a few states, the Tea Party is running their own candidates as an official party. Let's say they could get 1% of the vote. Think of how many elections in the house and senate come down to 1% of the vote. Two years ago the senate races in Georgia and Minnesota came down to way less than 1% of the vote. I also want independent moderates to view the Tea Party as the way conservatives think. I want them to associate Glenn Beck with the conservative movement. One of the states where the Tea Party is running a candidate is in Nevada. Democrat Harry Reid will be in a really tight re-election. This is only good news.

1. Yeah. I'm excited. It's not perfect, but the health care reform bill will ensure that 32 million Americans who are currently uninsured, have access to basic health care. I am disappointed that there will be no public option. But there is enough to the bill that makes me happy.

2. I have a new secret weakness in terms of fast food consumption. I have always loved Egg McMuffins at McDonald's. Needless to say I was pleasantly startled when I saw that Dunkin Donut's has created an Egg McMuffin - except instead of English muffins, they take the meat, egg, and cheese in between two Eggo waffles. Is it healthy? Am I proud of this new obsession? Absolutely not. So good.

1 Comments:

At 3:58 PM, Anonymous Adam X said...

"I have always loved Egg McMuffins at McDonald's."

Quite an understatement; you're not called "Fid McMuffin" for nothing.

Mwahahaha...trahahaha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home