cyclonejohn

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Bieber Fever?

I get pop music. I don't have to love every pop song, but I understand why they are here - to make us dance, smile, and have fun. The music is not deep, but is generally enjoyable. However, someone will have to explain to me the fascination with 16 year old Justin Bieber. I decided to finally listen to his music after I saw his album is number one on the charts. It's not that he is 16 and looks like he is 12. Another Justin (Timberlake) was 16 when he was in the studio recording the first N'Sync album 15 years ago. The difference is that at least most of the songs during the boy-band era were moderately fun. Justin Bieber's music is just terrible. Maybe I just don't understand how this little white kid from a wealthy Canadian suburb is doing all these collaborations with Ludacris, Usher, Sean Kingston, et cetera. I get that the music is not marketed towards people who are half my age and of a different gender. Bottom line, the music sucks and I sure hope this trend fades away quick.

1. Speaking of music, has anyone seen the new controversial video by M.I.A. for "Born Free". It is definitely not safe for work. With several graphic nudity scenes and brutal violence, the video was definitely eye-opening. The video lasts nine minutes. I guess I am just puzzled by what kind of political statement she is making. I would try to see it soon before youtube bans it.

2. I miss Minneapolis in the Spring.

1 Comments:

At 11:14 AM, Blogger The Rhythm of One said...

15 years ago you were a different age with a different taste in music. Even then, a certain 16-year-old made horrible music too. You just didn't notice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home