cyclonejohn

Monday, April 19, 2010

Mediocre people do exceptional things all the time

I had a really pleasant surprise Saturday night. A few weeks ago Allie asked if I wanted to join her roommate and her to go see Ok Go live. The tickets were inexpensive, the venue (The Metro) is across the street from Wrigley Field, and I did really like Ok Go when I was in high school. To my pleasant surprise, they were spectacular live. It helped that we were only 15 feet from the stage. The guys were really witty, engaged the audience, and did a variety of creative things. For instance, they played one of their songs, What To Do, using only handbells for instruments. On another occasion, the band came into the audience to play a couple of songs. They also did a cover of the song Debaser by The Pixies that I actually thought was better than the original. And I love the song Debaser. The rest of the weekend was pretty chill. Went to a fun bar Sunday night called Matilda. Watched The Usual Suspects. Had some muffins with Jim and Sarah. Yeah, it was a really nice weekend.

1. Has anyone had a falafil before? If so, shame on you for not introducing me to this Middle Eastern fast food equivalent before. Not only is is decently healthy, vegetarian, but falafils are filling and really tasty. Of course I might have ruined my healthy eating day by trying more than one of the new Taco Bell tostado. Which, by the way, is also good. Speaking of fast food, despite highs in the mid-forties in Chicago, summer is approaching. You know what that means? Frequent trips to Dairy Queen. I was excited to read that they are now finally going to start offering mini-blizzards. Even the small size they currently offer is too much of a good thing. This is obviously the trend in fast food. McDonald's offers their snack wraps, Burger King follows by offering their Burger Shots. Quizno's has their Sammie and Dunkin Donut's has their munchkins.

2. This might surprise you, but I do not really know anything about moisturizers. As I get older, and I start to care more about my face, and aftershave, and all that good stuff, I find myself clueless as to what kind of moisturizer I should be using on my face. Does anyone have any good suggestions?

4 Comments:

At 8:32 AM, Blogger Koo4You said...

i believe you were introduced to falafel on number of occasions.

I don't know how you wouldn't have with making number of trips to India Palace, and moreover when we went to Pita Inn after basketball, that's what I had instead of the chicken.

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger cyclonejohn said...

I did not say I had never heard of falafel's. Just that I had never tried one.

 
At 10:15 PM, Anonymous Michael Taylor said...

If you can get past the blatant metrosexual-ness of the idea, Bath & Body Works body lotion actually works great as a facial moisturizer. Just don't buy one with a really girlie scent and you'll be fine. Otherwise, Gillette makes a decent moisturizer as well.

Also, if you find a good falafel place, I would highly recommend combining a falafel plate with a shawarma wrap (if the option is available). Excellent...

 
At 4:16 PM, Anonymous Adam X said...

As your resident Mid-East friend, you never inquired about the glories of falafel--or taumayyah, as we like to call it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home