cyclonejohn

Wednesday, June 09, 2010

A win for the Windy City

With the Twins winning the World Series when I was two and six respectively - and me not really counting those - I have never been present when a team I cheered for won a championship. Although hockey is not really a sport I follow, and the Blackhawks are not even in my top two favorite hockey teams, I have to admit being in Chicago while the 'hawks won the Cup has been a pretty cool experience. There are not too many times when I wish I still lived in Wrigleyville. This is one of those rare exceptions. About two hours after the conclusion, the local TV just showed a live camera feed from downtown Wrigleyville and it is absolutely crazy out of control. I worked until 9:00 so I only got to see the last ten minutes or regulation and then over-time. After they won, I did go check out what the Lincoln Park scene was like - and it was still fun. Lots of honking, drunk people literally dancing in the streets, and just a palpable exuberance was in the air. However, like I said, I can't imagine what Michigan Avenue, or Wrigleyville, or the area around the United Center was like... complete chaos, I can guess.

1 Comments:

At 9:16 AM, Blogger Koo4You said...

wait until the parade.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home