cyclonejohn

Wednesday, May 04, 2011

weird week

It's been a weird week in the world. In a way, Sunday night was a day I never saw coming. I am, of course, referring to Bin Laden's death. As I was watching CNN, it was like I was watching a movie. Two dozen of our secret forces fly into a secret compound going after America's number one most wanted for ten years. Like any movie, there were set-backs when one of the helicopters started malfunctioning and had to make an emergency landing. However, the Americans prevailed, storming the compound, first to engage in a battle with Osama's "henchmen". After a victorious firefight, the American forces broke through, engaged in a firefight with him, and when he would not surrender, literally shot him through his eye socket. As I watched the TV I didn't know how to react. Do I respond, like a human, and feel bad about a death? No, I didn't really feel the need to feel sorry for Osama. However, I also thought it was mildly inappropriate to run into the streets chanting USA and celebrating like it was VE day. I suppose at the end of the night, primarily, I felt relief. Meaning, I hope this is the beginning of the end of the "War on Terror". Many, including me, thought with Obama's inauguration, that would be the beginning. Unfortunately I was incorrect. I hope that this is a wake-up to many Bin Laden wanna be's that Bin Laden's evil terrorism will only result in pain.

This morning Obama said he would not release photos of Bin Laden's death. I applaud that decision. Obama said, "It is important that very graphic photos of someone who was shot in the head are not floating around as an incitement of violence or as a propaganda tool. We don't trot this stuff out as trophies. The fact of the matter is, this is somebody who was deserving of the justice he received." Plus the conspiracy theory supporters will never be satisfied. They could simply claim photoshop, or maybe that it was not really Bin Laden that was killed. I think Obama did the right thing.

The world is safer today now than it was a week ago.

Side note. Obama's approval rating is 11 points higher today (57%) than it was this time a month ago.

4 Comments:

At 4:59 PM, Anonymous entrar hotmail said...

Thanks for your publication on this web site. From my personal experience, there are occassions when softening way up a photograph could possibly provide the professional photographer with a bit of an inventive flare.

 
At 5:00 PM, Anonymous Aid credit said...

This is my first time I have visited here. I found a lot of interesting stuff in your blog. From the volume of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one! keep up the great work.

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

The images and the appropriate choice you can make and hope everything is best.
friv 4

 
At 12:43 AM, Blogger esopop01 said...

Hello, I am a gaming enthusiast, recommend a good gold site, where there quickly, cheap and safe gold:Runescape Gold at http://www.rsgoldfast.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home