cyclonejohn

Monday, February 07, 2011

If you believe you can or you can't. You're probably right.

Crazy weekend. Friday night was Nimit's birthday so we had to celebrate in smile. After a delicious dinner at Wildfire, a group of friends and I went to Max Bar in Lincoln Park and had a little bottle service - Grey Goose style. I've only had bottle service a few times in my life. I felt like a rock star. Saturday was much more chill. Nimit, for his birthday, got Netflix so I basically spent the day watching movies. Sunday was the Superbowl.

1. What were your thoughts on the Superbowl? I give the game a B+. It doesn't get more dramatic than a team getting the ball down six with 1:59 left on the clock. I didn't really care who won but I was surprised. For a sixth seed to win is nothing short of remarkable. The Packers had to win their last two games of the regular season (beating the Giants and Bears), then go to Philadelphia and beat the Eagles, go to Atlanta and beat the Falcons, go to Chicago and beat the Bears and then beat a really good Pittsburgh team in the Superbowl. It just proves that to win the Superbowl, all you really need is a decent defense, a great quarterback and a good coach. And, unfortunately for the Vikes and Bears, the whole team will be back next year and will likely not have half as many injuries.

2. The commercials were underwhelming. I did like the Ozzy Osbourne and Justin Bieber commercial but that's about it. I did like the movie previews for Thor, Captain America, and Cowboys vs. Aliens, too.

3. Speaking of TV, the hit of the week was Community's Dungeons and Dragons episode. I haven't laughed that hard in a while. However, what was that Glee episode? Besides the Whirlers singing Destiny's Child, I was very underwhelmed.

4. New beer of the week: The Bitter End from the Two Brothers brewery. It's a pale ale that I thought was fantastic.

5. Mick Jagger is performing at the Grammy's. Please, please tell me this means that the Rolling Stones will do one last tour. The 2011 tour list, so far, is pretty underwhelming. If the 'stones toured, I would be excited for months.

6. I've put on seven pounds since Thanksgiving and 12 since August! DAMNIT!!! That means it's diet time. Apparently eating pizza, potato chips, and beer is not going to work. I am not excited to diet again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home