cyclonejohn

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Cuckoo for Loco?

Have you guys heard of this drink called Four Loko? It seems everyday in the paper there is a new article about some college banning it, or some politician that wants to ban it. I have never had it but - to be honest - all of the publicity just makes me really want to try it. From the little research I am done, it appears to be like a can of Red Bull but with about two to three times the amount of alcohol as can of beer.

So?

It's fine for me to go to a bar and order a jagerbomb or a red bull and vodka, but if some entrepreneur sells the two together, then that is just too outrageous for college kids to handle? Yes, I have read the articles that say caffeine can enhance the effects of alcohol. Yes, I have seen the recent University of Florida study that says that when people mix alcohol and caffeine, they are more likely to drive drunk. However, I just think that, like my views on marijuana, as long as the risks are made aware to the public, it is not in the best interest of the government to tell me what I can and can't imbibe.


1. Last night Nimit and I rented the movie, Get Him to the Greek. After really enjoying Forgetting Sarah Marshall, I was pretty excited about the sequel. Well. Um. It was okay. It has a lot of slapstick humor. It's not that it wasn't funny, but I actually felt myself getting dumber as I watched it. It was just bathroom joke after bathroom joke. It felt like the kind of movie I might have really enjoyed when I was 13. I give it a C+.

2. On Sunday night, Allie and I watched the movie, The Girl Who Played With Fire (the sequel to the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo). I liked the second book better than the first one but I liked the first movie more than this one. It's not bad... I give it a B+.

3. Huge congratulations to my buddy, Aaron Robbins for proposing to Lauren!! It is always wonderful to see two people I like so much end up together. After years of dating, they are finally getting hitched and packing up their bags and moving back to Minnesota. Aaron, you have spent seven years in Iowa. You did your part - time to head home. Stillwater misses you and so do I, Huggy Bear, so do I.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home