cyclonejohn

Monday, November 08, 2010

Remember remember...

I don't often celebrate my roots, but being almost half English, I was excited to be invited by Allie (who is English) to go to a Guy Fawkes Party. For those who are unfamiliar, Guy Fawkes was a 16th century English mercenary who was hired by some Nobles to blow up Parliament. He was caught, drawn and quartered, and then burnt to death. This was on the 5th of November and the English celebrate by burning an effigy. I do not fully understand why the English celebrate this holiday, but regardless, I like it. What can go wrong with a bunch of friends burning things and drinking English beer? A bottle of Bass? Don't mind if I do. Saturday, after a typical college football viewing day of watching NU, ISU, and Minnesota lose and watching Iowa, and Michigan win, Allie and I had a nice dinner at Rockit. Ordering the pitcher of margaritas at Rockit was a great decision! Mmmm....

1. I finished the second Stieg Larson book, The Girl Who Played With Fire. I thought the first book was good. The second book was fantastic! I give it an A+.

2. Can I pull off wearing a white belt? They look so cool... but I have only seen them on models in magazines. I don't actually know anyone who owns one.

3. Nimit and I just rented the movie, Youth in Revolt. We both really liked it. Actually, I really, really liked it. I give it an A-. Find your nearest RedBox and rent it. It's a comedy that stars Michael Cera with great cameos from Ray Liota, Steve Buschemi, Justin Long, Zach Galifinakas, and more.

4. Currently listening to "Touch and Go" by Stacy Clark.

2 Comments:

At 9:21 AM, Blogger The Rhythm of One said...

I thought it was 'decent'. Cera did better than I expected, though he didn't fully break out of his old awkward persona. I'd give it a B+

 
At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Youth in Revolt: D-
Simply awful.

Speaking of awful, white belts...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home