cyclonejohn

Monday, November 01, 2010

The eve of the takeover

When all is said tomorrow, the good news is that I think the Democrats will still maintain control of the senate. The bad news, I see little chance of them controlling the House. A couple of races in the senate that really disappoint me are Russ Feingold (my favorite) in Wisconsin likely losing badly and Admiral Joe Sestak losing to crazy tea party guy Pat Toomey in Pennsylvania. Sestak is such a bad ass. I will not however be disappointed to see Democrat Alexi Giannalonous lose to Mark Kirk in Illinois. Giannalaonous is the type of guy who gives politicians a bad man. He just seems so slick. The thing is when the Tea Party started gaining momentum, I got all excited. I thought the Republicans were going to shoot themselves in the foot by nominating lunatics as their candidates. Unfortunately, for America, the Democrats are so unpopular, that crazies like Sharon Angle in Nevada, Rand Paul in Kentucky, Ken Buck in Colorado, and Marco Rubio in Florida will likely become senators. The problem is we already have way too many crazy, radical right-wingers in the senate! (See Jim DeMint in South Carolina, Tom Coburn in Oklahoma, okay let's be honest, every Republican senator in the deep south!)

1. The real winner after the 27 day experiment for Randy Moss? The Patriots. Once again, they prove that they are the smartest guys in the room.

2. Did everyone have a great Halloween? I had an awesome, awesome, awesome Halloween. I worked all weekend but Saturday night. Allie and I went as a goth couple. It was fun. I had never worn make-up or nail polish... so that was different. I can say that that will be the last time I ever wear eye-liner. I did not like having a colored pencil coming at my eye! And besides accidentally lighting myself on fire after a small Bacardi 151 incident, I had a really fun Halloween.

1 Comments:

At 3:04 PM, Blogger Brittany Petersen said...

Sorry about that, John. I should have told you not to pick up a drink that is on fire.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home