cyclonejohn

Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Jim and Sarah's wedding

It is a little sad to get back to reality. This weekend was one of the best of my life. Friday night, I woke up early and Allie and I drove to Minneapolis for Jim and Sarah's wedding. Friday was the bachelor party. After meeting up at a hotel room, we headed to dinner and then to watch the Twins beat the Texas Rangers at the new Twins ballpark, Target Field. Despite the weather being a little chilly, fun was had by all. What a gorgeous baseball stadium. After the game, we all went to this bar called The Refuge before ending the night at Brit's Pub - my Minneapolis favorite. I was up bright and early on Saturday to pick up Josh from the bus station. After chilling at Andrew's house with Josh, Anay's Allie, Anay, and Humanzee, I went home for some family time. Saturday afternoon was the rehearsal. The rehearsal went off without a hitch and I was ready for the wedding. Saturday night was the rehearsal dinner at Harry's. After an outstanding dinner and an open bar, I was exhausted and was asleep by about 11:00. Sunday was the day of the wedding. I woke up, had breakfast with Mike, had a brief church appearance, had lunch with my parents, and spent the rest of the afternoon preparing. For those who did not know, I was the officiant at Jim and Sarah's wedding. Meaning I served as the justice of the peace/judge/minister/et cetera. It was a huge honor and I am so glad I accepted. However, it also required a lot of preparation. Fortunately, when the time came for the wedding, I was nervous but I was ready. The whole ceremony was just perfect. The music was lovely, the outdoor wedding had beautiful weather, and Jim and Sarah were so happy. After the wedding we went to the reception at the restaurant Spill The Wine. I had so much fun!! The meal was great, the DJ was outstanding, and it was so much fun to dance and socialize with so many of my closet friends. I stayed the whole night and danced with everyone. I was sad to have to drive back yesterday and leave such a great weekend.

1. I have a recommendation for anyone who needs a hotel in Minneapolis. The wedding party stayed at Hotel Minneapolis. What an awesome, awesome hotel!

2. As much fun as the night was on Sunday, as the night concluded I was actually really sad. Jim and Sarah were two of the main reasons I wanted to move to Chicago. When I hugged them good-bye, it just kind of hit me that it would be the last time in months I would see them. I took for granted how nice it was to just take a forty minute train ride to their apartment. I wish them a lifetime of happiness in San Francisco but I am really sad to see them go. I hope this Spring I can scrape enough money to buy a plane ticket to go out and see them.

1 Comments:

At 9:38 PM, Blogger The Rhythm of One said...

Btw, we weren't at The Refuse. We were downstairs at Brothers. You should know that. :)

Thanks for picking up the kid.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home