cyclonejohn

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Love in an elevator

Phew! I survived. 25 years old and I am still feeling great. I apologize for the long delay in blogging. I was out of town in Michigan for a while and have spent the rest of the time working long hours and enjoying the last few remaining bits of summer. Definitely the highlight of the past few weeks was two nights ago. For my birthday, Allie bought me tickets to go see Aerosmith. I was so stoked! Aerosmith is a band I had been wanting to see live for about ten years. I was nervous that Steven Tyler, considering he is 62, would not be able to hit some of his signature screams and high-notes. I was pleased when the Bad Boys from Beantown nailed every note, Joe Perry played every guitar riff perfectly, and Aerosmith rocked Tinley Park for almost three hours. They played all their hits - Sweet Emotion, Walk This Way, Dream On, I Don't Want to Miss a Thing, Cryin', Amazin, et cetera. It was non-stop screaming and air-guitar by yours truly. I looked like a huge dork; but I did not care.

1. My birthday has been quiet but nice. I got to sleep in and then I met Ann and Nimit at Nimit's work - the Chicago Board of Options and Exchange. I got a tour of the world's largest trading pit. I'm not even a huge finance but just seeing all the traders yelling and running around was really fascinating. After the tour, we had a nice lunch at Alonte, and here I am. After work, Allie is going to cook me dinner and make me a carrot cake. Not a bad birthday if I don't mind saying so myself.

2. Currently listening to "Dude looks like a lady" by Aerosmith.

1 Comments:

At 11:36 PM, Anonymous Michael Taylor said...

You are definitely not a dork. I saw Aerosmith four times in high school and probably screamed like a little girl each and every time Steven Tyler walked out on stage. There might have even been some air vocals/drumming to go along with the obvious air guitar. I'm definitely glad you got a chance to see them live before it's too late, and it's good to hear they can still put on a great show even ten years later. Pretty incredible when you think about it, to be 62 years old, a rock star for 40+ years, a hardcore drug addict and alcoholic for 20+ of those years, and still have the ability to go up there and sing and scream as loud and hard as he still can. Also, I would highly recommend the Aerosmith autobiography if you ever find time to read it; it's long, but I couldn't put it down.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home