cyclonejohn

Sunday, August 01, 2010

Happy Shark Week

It's been a fun, crazy couple of days here. Last weekend was kind of a blur. I arrived to Minneapolis Friday night, went to bed early, saw my high school friend Alison get married at my church on Saturday, leave the reception at 8:00, drive through the night and end up back in Chicago at about 3:30 Sunday morning. After a couple hours of sleep, I was up for my shift of 9-5 at the health club. Sunday night was really, really cool. For the second year in a row, Allie's work did a boat cruise - free food and open bar, of course. We went up and down the Chicago river and ended the night anchored on Lake Michigan with the most spectacular view of the skyline I have ever seen. It really was cool. This past week has been pretty uneventful. A lot of time at work... a lot. This past weekend has been good, too. My friends Sarah and Jim spent their last weekend in Chicago. They move to San Francisco, soon. With a rare appearance from Tieds, we had a great dinner at Tilly's, and then a group of us hung out at Matilda for the evening on Friday in Lakeview. I worked Saturday and then Nimit and I met some friends in Evanston at Nevin's and had a really nice going away get together with Jim and Sarah. I am excited for their move but really sad to see them go. Tonight Nimit and I decided to rent Hot Tub Time Machine. Well. It is not the worse movie I have ever seen but it is not good. I would probably give it a C-. Really, really not a family friendly movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home