cyclonejohn

Monday, July 12, 2010

Monday musings

Once again, I apologize for the long delay in blog posts. I have had a very nice week. On Wednesday, Allie and I went to Six Flags. I had not been there in about ten years. I really love amusement parks; and it was fun to enjoy the nice weather, people watching, and of course the rides. My weekend was good. Allie had a party on Friday night, I worked all day Saturday, some friends and I went to a party at Ann's sister's apt on Saturday night, and on Sunday I worked, and then came back and watched a little Harry Potter. Yeah, I know what I am.

1. Mel Gibson is one of my all-time favorite actor/directors. Movies like We Were Soldiers, The Patriot, and Braveheart are some of the best movies ever made. However, there is no other way around it... Gibson is crazy. Have you guys been reading about some of the audio that his ex-girlfriend has of him? Forget the racist rants... Forget the DUI... Forget the anti-semitism... There is audio of Gibson physically hitting his girlfriend and yelling such things as, "I will bury you in my rose garden"... "You need a f*ckin bat to the side of the head"... You can read more examples, or youtube the audio, but I think you get the idea. There is one audio where he is literally breathless after screaming, and most likely beating up his girlfriend. Don't get me wrong, Gibson is almost a billionaire and will likely never see a minute in jail... but I hope I am wrong. Gibson needs to be locked up and get a lot of professional help.

2. The LeBron James "decision 2010" episode is a sad indictment on how much importance we pay to athletes in 2010 in the United States. Like a hypocrite, I had to tune into the NBA reality show last week to see where he would sign and then immediately text/call my friends with my thoughts. Yes, as a fan of the NBA, I am intrigued to see how the Heat will do next year. No, I do not think LeBron made the best decision. If I were him, I would have gone to Chicago. After that I would have gone to the Knicks. The Heat now have ten million to give to nine players. Their only hope is that a bunch of talented players take enormous pay-cuts. (Editor's note: It looks like Udonis Haslem and Mike Miller have taken huge pay cuts to sign with the Heat.) And will someone please tell Cavs owner Dan Gilbert to chill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home