cyclonejohn

Monday, August 09, 2010

2142 Asbury Avenue

Today was kind of a difficult day for me. For the last time, I made the trek up to 2142 Asbury Avenue in Evanston, Illinois to help Jim and Sarah get ready for their move to San Francisco in 36 hours. This won't be the last time I will see them - we have baseball tickets for the Twins vs. White Sox on Tuesday night. However, this will be the last time I will be at their apartment. I have nothing but great memories at that apartment. The first time I stopped by their apartment was for an interview in March of 2009. I stayed the night and Sarah, Jim and I spent the whole night laughing and telling old stories. In hindsight, the lack of sleep may have led to me not getting the job. Oh well, I didn't really want to sell copier machines on the South Side anyway. In early May, when I decided I was going to move to Chicago, my friend Adam and I spent the Friday night with our U-Haul at their apartment before heading over to my new apartment in Lakeview on Saturday morning. In the past 15 or so months, that party has been home to some amazing parties, great home cooked Sarah Lee meals, and lots of time where Jim, Sarah, and other assorted friends and I would just gather to have a good time whether that be grilling or just upstairs with Allie after I picked her up from work and we were not ready to go home yet. As we were finishing packing today, I took a brief moment to just walk around and remember all the great times I had not only at this apartment but with Jim and Sarah, separately and together. Jim is a college roommate and one of my closest friends. Sarah is probably my closest female friend. I am incredibly excited for their move to San Francisco but also filled with sadness. Just little things like a BBQ here, or a house warming party there, will be fun but will be missing something without the two of them here. They know how happy I am for their move - possibly even a little jealous; and that it is only selfishness that wants to keep them here. Plus, who knows? Maybe someday we will be neighbors in California, Minnesota, or maybe even back in Illinois. Fortunately, their wedding is in a few weeks so I will look forward to seeing them soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home