cyclonejohn

Monday, October 18, 2010

The Social Network

It's not often that I start my blog posts with a movie review, but then again, it is not every night that I come back from seeing The Social Network. I give the movie an A+. If anything, I am only upset because they left out so many cool things. The acting was brilliant. The writing and directing were spectacular. This movie had no special effects or amazing cameos. Nope. It was just an incredibly compelling story. It's not necessarily a movie that you need to see it in the theaters. However, if you have Facebook - which I know you all do - then I highly recommend the movie.

1. I had a really nice weekend. On Friday, my parents and sister flew in for an away football game at Purdue University. I always like seeing new stadiums and it is my goal to see (at least) one away football game a year. My family + Allie and I crashed near West Lafayette on Friday and woke up bright and early for the game. To be honest, Purdue didn't do a lot for me. The campus is nice enough. All of the buildings are brand new. Unfortunately, they were so new that the character was stripped of much of its original character; instead replaced by the same red-brick exterior building after building. Again, it's not like the campus was ugly (see University of Iowa), but it was all together forgettable. The football stadium itself was completely forgettable. We had terrible seats in a small stadium. We had no visible scoreboard. Plus, when I tried to get hot-dogs at halftime, they gave me the wrong change, were out of hot dogs, and ketchup. This was halftime... against Minnesota. However, the people were all very friendly and the weather was beautiful. I am glad I went. However, if you all are thinking of a fun road trip, I would pass on Purdue.

2. I have been listening to the Ben Folds song "The Luckiest" for ten years. I still love its beauty and simplicity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home