cyclonejohn

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Just thought you should know, Shatner

Oh yeah. I forgot how much I hate winter. I usually walk to work - about a two mile straight shot. As I was greeted by a non-stop onslaught of freezing rain and 35 mph wind, I once again questioned why I moved to Chicago. I can't whine too much, though. I had a pretty awesome weekend. First time I ever played beer pong in the morning. Not going to lie... I kind dug it and want to do it again. Something about waking up at 7:3o in the morning after and being greeted by a screwdriver and muffins really starts the weekend of nicely. For the context, a bunch of us were at Allie's to pre-game before the Northwestern vs. Illinois game at Wrigley Field. (Which in its own right, was pretty awesome.) Saturday night kind of rocked, too. I don't go downtown too often but it was Ann's birthday after all so I made the trek to a bar called Swirl. It was small but the people were awesome and they had live Spanish music and a Flamenco dancer. The highlight of the weekend definitely was Sunday night. I have to work and won't be going home for Thanksgiving. However, I celebrated Thanksgiving on Sunday night when Allie and her roommates made one of the most sophisticated and awesome dinners I have ever seen. There were about eight friends and after a whole day of cooking the end result was just perfect. I don't know if I have ever been that full!! It was just perfect.

1. I watched a lot of movies this weekend. First up was Sorority Row. It was exactly as I hoped for... an awesomely bad horror movie. But don't see it. It's terrible. I give it a D+. Seeing that horror movie did make me want to see the original Nightmare on Elm Street. I don't know why but I had this craving. I actually really, really liked it. It's not scary and has a young Johnny Depp. I give it a B+. Last but not least was Kick Ass. Um... It's kind of dumb but not a bad rental. I give it a B. I will give credit where credit is due. Nicolas Cage is one of the worst actors of our generation but he was awesome in Kick-Ass. For sure his best role since The Rock.

2. I have no idea what to ask for for Christmas? What's on your lists?

1 Comments:

At 4:55 PM, Blogger Brittany Petersen said...

A Blu-Ray player and a trombone case. Get hopping. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home