cyclonejohn

Friday, May 11, 2007

I me mine

Obviously to me and literally billions of others worldwide consider The Beatles to be the greatest band of all time. I'd say they have the respect and admiration of every music critic and get the proper respect they deserve. However, one member does not and that is Mr. George Harrison. Obviously Paul and John were the leaders of the band and I get that. But I understand why George was the one to really cause the band to break up when he left first (and not because of Yoko). Not even his own band members gave him the respect he deserved. It's a Friday afternoon and I'm bored at work and I decided to make a top twenty five Beatles songs that I love and I am just blown away by how many of them are Harrison songs. Here are just some of the brilliant songs written by Harrison:

1. I Me Mine
2. My Sweet Lord
3. Here Comes the Sun
4. Something
5. You Like Me Too Much

And there are dozens of other brilliant songs. It's time to posthumously pay some respect to George Harrison.

1 Comments:

At 5:26 PM, Blogger The Rhythm of One said...

Honestly, I'm surprised how many of the Beatles' songs were written by more than one person. That is worded funny. What I mean is that many bands have only one songwriter in them, but the Beatles have many. I think that is amazing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home