cyclonejohn

Monday, July 30, 2007

Monday Musings

After a long break from the blog, I am back and I have much to say:

1. The 7th Harry Potter book was very satisfied. I finished it on Friday and I am completely satiated. I won't dive into my thoughts as I am not sure that everybody has read it. If you would like to hear, please call me.

2. It is officially Sharkweek on the Discovery Channel. I don't know why but the whole week fascinates me and I will be found every evening watching documentaries on makos, lemon, Greenland, and Tiger sharks pretty much every day.

3. Have y'all been reading about the Michael Vick dog fighting scandal. For those who haven't, star quarterback for the Atlanta Falcons was arrested by the FBI for sponsoring a giant dog fighting ring. What should the proper punishment be? Jail time yes, but how much. I think 5 years should do the trick. He is personally responsible (allegedly) for killing dozens of dogs. He was the highest paid NFL player and I have to think that his career is done. What a Public Relations nightmare for the team that puts him in as quarterback. No one would buy merchandise, jerseys, tickets, et cetera. I wouldn't support the Vikings if they had a convicted dog killer as their quarterback.

4. Speaking of football, the first NFL preseason game is in twelve days!!! The first college game is in 33!!

5. Politics confuses me. I thought there was no way John McCain would not get the Republican ticket and he is currently a distant fourth behind Giulani, Fred Thompson, and Mitt Romney. What happened to the Arizona senator?

6. Hillary Clinton's lead for the Democratic tickets keep pulling further and further away.

7. I heart Obama.

8. On Friday I saw the movie, "I now pronounce you Chuck and Larry".... Meh. I would rent it but save you $9.

9. As much as I hate talking about pop tarts like Lindsay Lohan, I have to feel a little sorry for the girl. Not one week removed from rehab, she is arrested and charged with a DUI and possession of Cocaine. The girl is in need of serious help and I think the papparazzi need to give her a break and let her fully rehabilitate.

10. Sebastian Joe's Raspberry Chocolate Chip Ice Cream is by far the best ice cream in the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home