cyclonejohn

Monday, February 04, 2008

It's not easy being green.

How could I not begin this blog without talking about the game. It was a classic, tough, clash of the titans. The game was won in the trenches. It was a man's Superbowl. No flashy reversals. No deep balls. Just tough, grind nosed football. I loved it. My parents had a superbowl party which means of course I ate an enormous amount of food since my Mom made enough food to feed the whole entire city of Eden Prairie. The question I have for all of you... Was this the greatest Superbowl of all time?

1. I saw the movie Michael Clayton on Friday starring George Clooney. Although many people loved it I thought the movie was actually fairly boring and forgettable. I was planning on doing a full review but I don't think the film deserves it.

2. Cross another restaurant off the list for me. My Dad, and two of his friends ate at Manny's this Saturday. Manny's is widely known as a top ten steak place in America. The food was fantastic but no food is worth a bill for $350 for four people (not including tip.) The cheapest entree on the menu was $44.00. Too rich for my blood. Fortunately, to burn off all of the many calories I consumed at Manny's I spent the rest of Saturday evening drinking Sam Adam's at his parent's house. With that and the Superbowl, I think I will need to be wheeled into work today.

3. Andrew sent me this link and I got excited. Jeffrey Tambor who plays George Michael said plans are in the works to make the movie. I will save my jumping up and down until I see a full preview. Here is the link: http://w4.ww.pagesix.com/story/big+arrested+development?loc=interstitialskip

4. If you are a Minnesotan, please go caucus for the candidate of your choice tomorrow night. If you aren't sure how that works, please let me know and we can go together.

5. For all of you who think prayer is the answer, I need your help today. I have been having some issues with my chest and I am going back to the doctor soon for the third time to talk about it. When you pray tonight, please take a moment for me.

Have you been half asleep?
And have you heard voices?
I've heard them calling my name....
Is this the sweet sound that calls the young sailors?
The voice might be one and the same,
I've heard it too many times to ignore it
It's something that I'm s'posed to be...
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection,
The lovers, the dreamers, and me.

-Kermit the Frog.

5 Comments:

At 8:10 PM, Blogger The Rhythm of One said...

I hope all those raw burgers haven't caught up to you yet, or McDonalds might go out of business.

 
At 8:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really hope you get whatever's wrong with your chest figured out! :( Prayer has worked for me in the past, so I'll give it another shot this time around...

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger cyclonejohn said...

Which cousin is this?

 
At 6:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That one. :)

 
At 7:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will pray for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home