cyclonejohn

Saturday, March 01, 2008

fluffy cloads, duckies, and bunnies

Today is March 1st which I equate with the unofficial first day of spring. Yes, I know it is cold and windy outside, but to me, it's Spring. Pretty soon there will be frisbees being thrown, golf clubs being washed, the sound of motorcycles, and me deciding when is the best time to ask Mike to put some suntan lotion on my back.

1. While reading the Star Tribune this morning, I found it interesting that they are speculating that SNL alum Jimmy Fallon is the most likely person to take over for Conan O'Brien in 2009 when he moves to Burbank, California to take over from Jay Leno.

2. Two days ago, I got a notice in the mail about Jefferson High School was having a five year reunion in a few months for the class of 2003. I almost fell over. I can't believe it has been almost five years since I graduated high school. There was a Facebook club that was established also about the reunion. I looked and I saw that as of today, about 70 people have confirmed that they are going. Of the 70 people, I really have no interest in seeing 95% of them. And any casual interest I have in their lives is satiated by Facebook. However, after an interesting conversation with Cool Tieds, I may go for one reason. I want to see if some people have changed for the better. Those few idiots in high school who enjoyed humiliating and putting down others... Have they changed? It might be peaceful for me to see if they have changed for the better. Plus, if it sucks, I can just leave. I don't have to decide for like two months but I will keep you in the loop.

3. With the recent gas tax increase, the state of Minnesota is now the seventh most taxed state in the country and every year it seems to inch closer to such states as Mass., Illinois, New York, and others who have long claimed the prize as most taxed in the country. The good thing about the gas tax is it is mandated that all income from the gas tax must go to repairing building bridges and roads. Obviously, it would be incredibly sad if the 35W bridge collapsed but we didn't have enough money to repair the other decaying bridges. I am just sad it has to come through the gas tax. This affects everybody. It affects the poor of course since they often drive the same or more as the rich. But, it also affects the rich. For instance, USA Today has to pay a lot of money in gas reimbursment to all of its newspaper carriers. Every business uses gasoline in some way and will be affected by an increase in a gas tax. However, I understand that we cannot have another bridge collapse because we as a state are too cheap.

2 Comments:

At 6:41 PM, Blogger The Rhythm of One said...

I'm sure Tieds will lather you up any time you want.

Also, I've noticed that your article titles have become very strange.

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger cyclonejohn said...

Lol. Yes, I try to be creative with my article titles. This particular one was to remind all of the readers that spring is coming my boy!!! Get ready for fluffy clouds, duckies, bunnies, and overweight men in speedos tanning.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home