cyclonejohn

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

the best business is show business

Following Super Tuesday, of course I have many thoughts. First off, I will state that the idea of delegates and super delegates is the most nonsensical idea in American politics. I have spent much of the morning trying to figure it out but I'm stuck. Every state and every party has their own way of doing the delegate thing and I am stuck. For instance, why is it that Obama won Missouri but Hillary will get net one delegate?!?!? It should be like the electoral college. Whoever wins that state, then that candidate gets the states' delegates. It should be that simple.

1. The caucus system needs to go away and be replaced by primaries nationwide. The caucus system yesterday was incredibly laborious. What should have taken minutes took two hours. And I didn't even stay for the "resolutions discussion".

2. The strangest thing about this election is how well Hillary Clinton has been doing with Hispanics. In the Super Tuesday vote yesterday, according to exit polls, Hillary got 60% of the vote while Obama got about 35%. That is an enormous difference. Which brings me to my next point...

3. I still think Hillary will get the Democratic nomination. She won New York easily. She won California easily. There are a LOT of Hispanics in Texas. If she wins the three biggest states, it doesn't matter how many North Dakotas and Idahos that Obama wins. With that said, the nomination definitely isn't over. There are still some monster states left, i.e. Texas, Ohio, Virginia, Maryland, Louisiana, and more.

4. Today is a big day for college football fans. It is national signing day. Iowa State's class is beyond embarassing. I will post more about it in my next class because it is quite frustrating that Iowa State is in the company of University of Buffalo, Northern Illinois, and Kent State.

5. Speaking of sports, why would the suns trade Shawn Marion for an aging Shaquille O'neal and his bloated contract? The Suns are a run and gun, quick, high paced offense. How does Shaq fit into that? Plus, how good will Miami be in a couple of years with D'wayne Wade, Shawn Marion, and a top three pick in this year's draft?

6. Three years ago today was probably the happiest day of my life. Every day I think about that.

4 Comments:

At 7:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me too.

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger cyclonejohn said...

Who is anonymous?

 
At 9:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! I'm sorry! This is Elyse... I was on my way to work and was trying to figure out to sign it with my own blog name, but I was unable to do so... I think I have to be logged in have my own blog name attached?

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger cyclonejohn said...

I figured it was you as only you would understand the reference...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home