cyclonejohn

Monday, February 11, 2008

The demon barber of fleet street

I hope everyone had a good weekend. I had a very busy, productive weekend. On Friday, I saw the Timberwolves lose once again. Nothing further should be written about this team who are only not in last place in the NBA because of the complete ineptitude of the Miami Heat. Michael Beasley would look very nice wearing the blue and silver t-wolves uniform. Saturday, Andrew and I went to go see the movie American Gangster. I thought it was really good. It was a bit on the long and violent side, but the acting was superb, and I definitely recommend it. Sunday was probably the low-light of the weekend. I had two extra tickets to the touring Broadway production of Sweeney Todd. First off, Sweeney Todd is not a place, it is an opera. No, not a musical, SD is an opera. The set was unimpressive, the music did nothing for me, and three hours of actors singing about murder, incest, and cannibalism is a bit much. The only highlight was the show was at the State Theater. For those of you who haven’t seen the legendary State Theater on Hennepin Avenue in Minneapolis, it is a beautiful venue. A couple thoughts on life:

1. One reason that Hillary Clinton has done so well in the primaries so far has been her support of non-white people. On the Super Tuesday primaries and causes, Hillary beat Obama 2 -1 in those Democrats who list themselves as Hispanic. Even more surprising is those who list themselves as Asian American (including India, Indonesia, et cetera), in that category, Hillary beat Obama by a 3 – 1 ratio. That just doesn’t make a lot of sense to me.

2. I was reminded at how much I detest the season of winter in Minnesota this Saturday night. As Andrew and I were leaving the movie theater, I experienced some of the coldest weather I could ever remember. As soon as I got home, I looked to see what the wind chill was. It was -45 degrees!! And for those of you who don’t know, what Andrew’s car lacks in heat, it makes up in character???

3. Today I am driving up to do some business in Duluth, MN today. For those of you who don’t know where that was. It is the third biggest city in Minnesota and it’s in way Northern Minnesota on Lake Superior. Not only will it be really cold, it is always very windy. Today there is a high of -4 degrees. (Not including wind chill.)

4. There are only two seasons in Minnesota. Winter and road construction.

5. Did anyone catch the Grammy’s last night. I was pleasantly surprised. I really didn’t think Herbie Hancock would win album of the year over Kanye or Winehouse. Has anyone had an opportunity to listen to it?

6. I am very pleased that the writer’s strike has officially ended. Every Thursday night I didn’t know what to do with myself without the Office.

1 Comments:

At 1:12 AM, Blogger Koo4You said...

"And for those of you who don’t know, what Andrew’s car lacks in heat, it makes up in character???"


i woulda said sex appeal.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home