cyclonejohn

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Giant $100 bills and $2 martinis

I hope everyone had a great Easter weekend. I had a really fun weekend. I always love having guests come over for the weekend and this was no exception. This weekend, I had two friends, Anay and Josh, make the epic trek from Chicago, Illinois to Minneapolis, MN for a couple of days before heading back to ISU. There was a lot of basketball watched on TV, a lot of pool played in the basement, and possibly a bit of adult beverages were consumed.

1. The highlight of the weekend was Saturday night. We started out by meeting up with four other friends at a swanky little bar called The Lounge. After that, we went over to Bar 508. At approximately midnight Saturday night, a portly man began dancing with an attractive and inebriated little blond girl. After a while he pulled out a giant $100 bill and basically started dancing with the dollar bill. We already were laughing our asses off and then he pulls out a second one. I know this a story you had to be there for, but take our word for it, it was one of the highlights of 2008.

2. Another weekend of gorging took place. Saturday night, we ate at Chino Latino. My food was fantastic! I had some of the best sushi in my life and all of the other dishes were great as well. On Sunday during the day, my family and I ate at the Nicolet Island Inn. WOW!! The NCI is kind of an old-fashion supper club of sorts with amazing views of the Mississippi River and really great food. I'm still full.

3. What really is the purpose of the cold. I had not been sick all year and now I am on the final stages of a cold. It is very irritating. The skin around my nose is bright red, and my throat is sore. Boo.

4. It is rare that I like any music that has been made after 1975 but I really like this new woman singer Ingrid Michaelson. Her song "Men of Snow" is so beautiful. It touches me, inspires me, and motivates me. I like that I have so many friends who enjoy music also. There is so much more to the world then MIMS, Flo Rider, and T-pain.

5. I just found out I have to leave on Sunday for another trip to Grand Forks. It is not fun to work on Sundays!

2 Comments:

At 8:43 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

it's Flo Rida.....cuz he's from Florida not Flo Rider.

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger The Rhythm of One said...

good times. good times.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home