cyclonejohn

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

More punch then a bowl of juice

I have to start off this post with a confession. I was a bit stressed out this morning so instead of doing what the experts say I should do (exercise, meditate, breathe deeply and count to ten) I did what any normal obese American would do.

I ate at White Castle

Let me explain myself... Okay, I have nothing except to say that I used a coupon where I got TEN cheeseburgers for $4.00. You have to be kidding me. I was absolutely stuffed and the whole meal cost me less then a five note. While I was in the White Castle "cafe" I noticed a diverse group of people with one obvious exception. I saw only men. I have a theory on this. Because so many women can't stand White Castle (and most of them have never stepped inside the Castle, let alone feasted on a delicious slider), the restaurant has turned into a sort of safe haven for men to be men. Sometimes women need to understand that men just like to be men in the company of only men. There are fewer and fewer places that are socially acceptable for that to take place. I have a feeling that White Castle will forever be one of those havens. Don't judge me.

1. I saw the movie Pride yesterday. It is a true story based on an inner-city Philadelphia swim team that goes on to beat racism and wins a national championship. It is a typical sports movie and if you like those movies you will enjoy Pride. It gets the Fidler seal of approval. It was fun, light, and entertaining. Bernie Mac had some great one liners and Terrance Howard is good in anything he does.

2. Speaking of Terrance Howard, he might be in my top five favorite actors. He was really good in The Brave One, Crash, August Rush, and I will even forgive his small role in Glitter. He is good in everything he does.

3. Pitchforkmedia.com is probably the best music website in the country. Today, they had a feature on the new Weezer album coming out on June 18th. I am not kidding, for the third time, they will have a self titled album. Their first album was nicknamed the blue album, the third album was nicknamed the green album. It looks like this one will be the red album. I have been out of my Weezer obsession for a few years but I am still really excited for this CD mainly because I have heard the first single and I really liked it.
http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/page/news/49674-weezer-reveal-new-album-title-or-april-fools-joke?loc=interstitialskip

4. Thank goodness our friends in Edina have come to some sort of common sense. I was reading in the Star Tribune on Sunday that the city of Edina wants to put a cap on the size of their mansions. I wasn’t too concerned about the mansions themselves but the indentured servants’ quarters were just getting ridiculous.

5. How sad were all of you to read that thespian Pamela Anderson's marriage to producer Rick Solomon has ended a divorce after nine weeks? She has shattered her previous record of sixteen weeks to Kid Rock.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home