cyclonejohn

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I got my mind on my money; money on my mind.

My day was brightened by 100 times today when I received a call from Nimit Pathak regarding a CNN article. Basically, the man who invented the Segway Scooter, may have found a way to provide affordable, clean, drinking water to the world's poor. This invention could be as big as the printing press, or automobile:

http://money.cnn.com/2006/02/16/technology/business2_futureboy0216/index.htm

1. As most of you know I am a huge Weezer fan. I have heard some of the new material for album six and it sounds really good. Rivers Cuomo, their lead singer, is usually very shy and stays away from the media at all costs. So what is this, "Help me write a sawng!" all about?!
http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/page/news/49506-help-rivers-cuomo-write-a-new-sawng

2. In another sign of America's economic recession, Ford Motor Co. just sold the rights to Jaguar, and Land Rover to the Indian motor company, Tata Motors Ltd. The only problem... they sold the rights for less then half of what they paid for them.

3. I decided to figure out exactly how much money I have saved by living with my parents and I invested it into Apple Computers. I need all of you to go out and buy a new iPod and iPhone whenever you have a second.

4. I was watching CBS News this Sunday morning and I heard a report, "Barack Obama fights his 'liberal' label". It really bothers me that every Republican proudly claims how conservative they are. During one of their big debates, they also acted like clowns interrupting each other by proclaiming they are the only true conservative. Why is it that both Hillary Clinton and Barck Obama are so afraid of being called liberals? I have news for them... They are liberals! They are in fact two of the most liberal members of the senate. And guess what? I see nothing wrong with that in the same way with I see nothing wrong with someone being a conservative. We are who we are. It is what it is. Let's not run from who we are.

4 Comments:

At 11:50 AM, Blogger The Rhythm of One said...

You don't even have an Apple computer! Good buy though. I've been thinking about getting some too, I just haven't done it yet.

I'm putting my savings into a down payment on a car. I wont get the same return, but we all know I could use a new car.

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Koo4You said...

in regards to #3. i did just that this spring break.

here's to me increasing your stock net worth $.000003

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger The Rhythm of One said...

I forgot to mention that Apple is spacing out its earnings reports for the iPhone (maybe more products too) over the life of the product. That means that the sales of the iPhone will be spread out over 2 years after the sale, meaning that even if sales drop off, the stock will stay steady, or even rise.

good buy, good buy!

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger cyclonejohn said...

Go for buying Apple stock. It would be fun to watch it all together.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home