cyclonejohn

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Money doesn't talk... it swears!

I apologize for the short delay in writing. I'm back. Not a lot of updates except for it looks like I have an actual date of when I am moving to Chicago. The countdown is exactly thirty days I think. I feel nervous but not even close to being ready mentally, but I am very much in the now or never mentality. We'll see! Now the pressure to get a job has been amped up to level 11.

1. One thing that always bores me is when TV shows or movies try to shock me. Unnecessary violence... or absurd scat jokes... or uncomfortable sexuality scenes; just stick to the point of the movie, not trying to shock your audience. I was reminded of this when I was forced by gunpoint to watch Desperate Housewives and there was a long make-out scene with Teri Hatcher and Eva Longoria. It was not at all believable, and only there for ratings and shock value.

2. Yesterday morning, I watched the movie Rachel Getting Married with my sister. This is the indie film starring Anne Hathaway that got a lot of Oscar buzz. I was disappointed. My sister and I both give it a C. Hathaway did a very nice job acting, but the movie felt extremely drawn out and it was only about 120 minutes.

3. I am all for the shaming of the Notorious AIG. After receiving like forty billion dollars in government assistance, they doled out $165 million in bonuses. They should be embarrassed. 63 people got "retention" bonuses of a $1 million or more. Their claim is that if they don't pay out big bonuses to their top performers, they will all leave to other companies and that will just exacerbate their recovery. I can see their point... but I think they are just lying. I don't think that is what it is about at all. I think it is their greed that brought AIG's downfall, and it is their greed which is retarding their recovery.

4. Just another way that Obama is not going to be an ordinary president. ESPN, this Saturday, is going to have halftime at one of their games spent with Obama discussing March Madness and who he thinks will make the final four. I just have a hard time believing ESPN ever cared who Bush picked to make the championship. However, Obama picks the Longhorns over the Gophers in the first round. That is strike one Mr. President.

5. What is wrong with the NFC North? None of the four teams did anything in free agency. Now, pro-bowl quarterback Jay Cutler is on the trading block and according to Sportscenter this morning, the favorites to land him are San Francisco, Buffalo, and Tampa Bay. Huh? What are the Bears, Vikings, and Lions doing?! They should be fighting themselves to get this guy. He is only like 25 and he made the pro-bowl last year.

6. Currently listening to "Last night" by P. Diddy.

2 Comments:

At 3:37 PM, Blogger The Rhythm of One said...

It was Mike right? The person that held you at gunpoint and forced you to watch Desperate Housewives.

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger cyclonejohn said...

Yes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home