cyclonejohn

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Rockafella

Last night, I stayed up late to watch the first Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. Despite having pretty low expectations, I came away impressed. Sure, the show had some rough spots but that is to be expected in any first episode. Fallon was relaxed, the jokes were funny, and his interview with Justin Timberlake was terrific. I rarely make an effort to stay up until after midnight but I am glad I did last night. Also, I love The Roots as the house band. They're just so cool.

1. I'm a bit dissapointed. Wide Receiver TJ Houshmanzadeh ended up signing with Seattle for Five years/$40 million. Supposedly the Vikes offer Five years/$38 million. I'm all about making as much money as quickly as possible... but the Sea-chickens are terrible. Either he just said he will sign to whoever offers the biggest contract, or he wants to be the star. At Minnesota, it is the Adrian Peterson show. In Seattle, Housh will be the offensive star. Plus, let's be honest, I would much rather have Hasselbeck throwing the ball to me then Tavaris Jackson.

2. More than ever, I am convinced consumer confidence is wrecking this economy. Plus, the guys running Wall Street are in complete panic mode. As you know, I have some time on my hands, so I reviewed a few financial records. Stock prices are projections on where investors feel the company is going, not necessarily where they are right now. Last quarter, Apple Computers made almost four billion in gross profit. Last year, they made 11 billion in gross profit... Yet, their stock is down 50% for the year. Why? Consumer confidence. Last quarter, Microsoft made 12 billion in gross profit. Last year, they made 48 billion in gross profit. Their stock is worth half of what it was twelve months ago. Why? Consumer confidence. These are just a few examples of how messed up Wall Street is right now. Companies that are making oodles of money are having their stock price downgraded big-time as a result of fear, panic, and a myriad of other reasons. If I had any money, which I do not right now, I would look at companies like Microsoft, Google, Apple, General Electric, and others who are making loads of money yet have low stock prices. When the economy turns around, those stocks are going to double and triple. I'm not a stockbroker but it is just plain common sense that companies that are making money, should not have their stock price lowered... It is 100% a result of consumer confidence.

3. Currently listening to Rihanna's "Disturbia". Album: Good Girl Gone Bad.

1 Comments:

At 6:54 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

i watched jimmy on hulu. i liked it, but i thought he was trying to be toooo much like conan. he needs to create his own little identity. he also looked a bit nervous, because he kept pausing and didn't flow well with things...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home