cyclonejohn

Saturday, March 28, 2009

You shrug and say it's the worst to truly stick the knife in first.

As usual if I drink, I ended up with only a few hours of sleep. I went to bed around 2:30 last night and I got up about four hours later. I have a slight headache, and I feel fatigued, but it's all good. Last night, after the final head count, ten people ended up coming over to imbibe, watch a little basketball, and eat junk food. It actually was a good crowd. I would much rather go to a house party than to a bar. As house parties go, my ideal size is about 10-15 people. I can hear everybody, pick the music, control the volume, it's affordable, and I know everyone has a good time. All in all, it was a good night.

1. A weird thing happened yesterday. I was casually watching TV in my living room (I do that from time to time) and I looked out and saw two men deep in my backyards with what appeared to rifles. For those of who have never seen my backyard, it quickly turns into a wooded area. Naturally, this caught my attention right away. I immediately locked the doors, and ran up to my bedroom to get a better look. Calling the police never even donned on me. In the backyard is a family of deer. I thought maybe these men are hunters. But then I thought to myself, "This is Eden Prairie... they are wearing camouflage... and it is not hunting season." Obviously, it would have been highly illegal. Fortunately, as I got my camera so I could zoom in on them, I noticed that they were just playing paintball. Right about this time, I noticed two police officers quickly getting out of their cars in front of my neighbor's house and running after them. I don't know if these guys got caught or not. I can only imagine my neighbor, who has maybe never even heard of paintball, seeing two gentlemen with guns in my backyard. It was quite bizarre.

2. In what could possibly be the most obvious example of corruption in the Chicago court system to date, Chicago mafia hitman, Nicholas Calabrese, was convicted of the murders of 14 people. His sentence... 12 years, and he probably be out in half that if he has good behavior. How much was this judge bribed for? I am legitimately curious.

3. Currently listening to Marvin Gaye's, "I heard it through the grapevine" from the album: Best of Motown.

2 Comments:

At 10:21 AM, Blogger Rus said...

Calabrese exchanged leniency for enough information to lock up Chicago's 'Outfit' bosses. And as the judge said in his trial, "you will never draw another secure breath." The mob will be after him from now on, free or jailed. Doesn't sound like he's getting off free.

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger cyclonejohn said...

I read the Tribune article on it and I maintain my stance that bribery or corruption must have taken place. It doesn't matter if he helped the FBI. He did it after killing 14 people in cold blood and now he will be out in maybe six years. Let's say he survives jail. Maybe he hops on a flight to Romania, lives in a small town, and he will probably live peaceful the rest of his life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home