cyclonejohn

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Bacon

It is not very often that I am blown away by a film. It is fair to say that although I am not a film critic I watch a lot of movies and it is one of my favorite hobbies. Besides the news and sports games, most of my TV watching is movies. Yesterday night I was reminded why I love movies. It was about 8:00 and after a day of basically not leaving the computer looking for employment, I headed out to Blockbuster and watched the movie Seven Pounds. I didn't know much about it except my sister had seen it and enjoyed it. I give the movie an A+. I thought it was better than Slumdog Millionaire, Will Smith should have won best actor over Sean Penn, and Woody Harrelson should have at least been nominated for best supporting actor. I don't want to talk about the plot because it would give it away. Very rarely do you pause a movie just to admire how good of acting job an actor did. Heath Ledger did that in The Dark Knight. Woody Harrelson did that in Seven Pounds.

1. By far my favorite website, besides this one of course, is youtube.com. I think my favorite part of the website is all the cool stuff I can find on bands I like. I have found rare, hidden demos of The Beatles. Acoustic performances of cool songs by Weezer, Jimmy Eat World, and more that would never make a CD. What a great website.

2. Fortunately there is some good news with the Fargo floods. The river is slowly beginning to recede. Despite the river reaching its highest height ever, at around 43 feet tall, thanks to the National Guard and so many volunteers that the Red Cross is actually turning down volunteers, the sandbags, dams, and other assorted tools are doing the trick to prevent a regional disaster. This is crisis management performed brilliantly.

3. The Associated Press is reporting that almost one million Americans were laid off in the month of March alone.

4. Currently listening to Teenage Wasteland by The Who.

2 Comments:

At 4:57 PM, Blogger The Rhythm of One said...

did you notice the change to YouTube today? Go watch any video. ANY video. Then go to this site

You are not listening to Teenage Wasteland btw. The Who never recorded a song by that name. The name of the song is Baba O'Rielly, and it's my favorite Who song. Take a look at the 3rd paragraph under history on the wikipedia page. Interesting.

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger cyclonejohn said...

Ah. I did not know that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home