cyclonejohn

Sunday, August 16, 2009

His and hormones

Every year, my roommate Nimit and I make a series of sports bets about the upcoming year. Without fail, at the end of the year, I end up owing Nimit money. It is amazing. I think Nimit's apex in sports betting was in 2005 when he bet me that the White Sox would win the world series. At the time, they were in third place in the AL Central. Amazing. All are $10 bets except the last one (which is $5). Anyway, here is the list of bets this year:

A) Vikings win 12 games. John-yes, Nim-no

B) Superbowl Champion. John-Patriots, Nim-Bears

C) Bears wins-Over/Under 9.5 games. John-under, Nim-over

D) NCAA Football Champion. John-Texas, Nim-Florida.

E) Big Ten Champ. John-Penn State, Nim-Michigan State

F) World Series Champs. John-Phillies, Nim-Yankees

G) Twins + Cubs winning 175 games combined. John-under, Nim-over

H) NFC North Final Standings. John-Vikes, Pack, Bear, Lions. Nim-Bears, Vikes, Pack, Lions.

I) Gophers over/under seven wins. John-over, Nim-under

J) Cyclones win. John-five or fewer, Nim-six or more

K) Northwestern wins the Big 10 (40-1 odds). John, no. Nim, yes.

1. I saw the movie Up with my sister and cousin yesterday. It is the best animated film I have seen in a decade. I give it a solid A. The movie was funny but also dove into more serious topics like miscarriage and death. I highly recommend everyone see this movie as soon as possible.

2. I need to marry a girl who likes Ozma.

3. I watched Michael Vick's 60 minutes interview last night. I actually came away with Vick's modesty. He genuinely seems to be full of remorse. 23 months in prison just might have done that.

2 Comments:

At 5:53 PM, Blogger The Rhythm of One said...

If I'm reading this right, there is $105 at stake. Can I put $50 on John getting less than 40% of the bets correct?

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger cyclonejohn said...

It is utterly amazing my win percentage in sports bets with Nimit. It's not like I don't watch sports!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home