cyclonejohn

Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Moon tanning

If it's the first week in August, that can only mean one thing... Discovery Channel is doing its annual Shark Week marathon. However, I have been unable to watch any new episodes this week because I have spent the past five days in Michigan. (There is no vacation when you're unemployed??) Although I had a great time jet-skiing, kayaking, and getting some sun, I learned one valuable lesson... I have horrendous balance. I tried wind-surfing and water-skiing. The results were disastrous.

1. What is the NFL's problem? If Eli Manning's last name were Smith or Johnson, would he have been the #1 pick? Of course not. If he was not Peyton's brother or Archie's third son, would he, this morning, have received a six year, $97,000,000 deal?!?! Of course not. He will now be paid more than one million dollars per game for the next six years. I decided to look at every single starting quarterback from last year's NFL rosters. I determined that Eli should be ranked between as the 11th and 14th best quarterback in the NFL. As of today, he is the highest paid. He will make more money than last year's NFL MVP. Oh yeah, Eli's older brother, Peyton. Absolutely amazing.

2. I finished a couple of books in Michigan. One of them I will devote a whole blog post to in a later day, but the other book I read was The Broker by John Grisham. It was light, easy to read, and fun; which is everything I wanted. After reading a serious book, a fluffy novel was just what the doctored order. If you are looking for a good summer read, pick up a copy.

3. I had never seen an episode of Flight of the Conchords until yesterday. I have now seen the first three and I am hooked!! The show is unbelievably funny! Why did no one demand I begin viewing this hilarity earlier?!

4. Happy 48th birthday to President Obama! By the way, the state of Hawaii has confirmed that they have the original Obama birth certificate. Can we all stop with the ridiculous nonsense that he was not born in America?

3 Comments:

At 1:35 PM, Blogger The Rhythm of One said...

If you log into my server I believe the entire first season of Conchords is up for download.

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger Emilia said...

But . . . he's all brown. And his name is hard to say.

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger cyclonejohn said...

And he's a Muslim!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home