cyclonejohn

Thursday, July 23, 2009

9000!

Today is a good day. The Stock market just hit 9000, the highest it has been in almost seven months, houses are being built, the sun is shining, and life is good. No, I still don't have a job. I have finally decided though (after getting some enormous medical bills in the mail) that if I don't have a job or a very promising look at a full time job that I will apply to part-time positions after the first weekend in August. It is beyond time.

1. I watched a classic last night. I watched Silence of the Lambs. I hate to do this to a horror movie... but I have to give it an A. The acting and writing are beyond brilliant. It is terrifying, gruesome, but enthralling. If you can stomach some grotesque scenes, than please check out Silence of the Lambs. It is very good.

2. As all of you know, I am a big fan of Erin Andrews'... um... reporting abilities. However, I was utterly disgusted to read about that pervert who cut a peephole in the wall and secretly videotaped her dressing. I do not think this is "awesome" but instead I feel great pity for Andrews and her family. This incident brought up an interesting conversation I had with my roommates at Hye Bar last night. Why are there so many creepy men? When I was younger, I always played the nice guys finish last card and believed all women want jerks. The older I get, the more jaded I have become in women's favor. The statistics on sexual assault are alarming. Plus, there are so many wolves in sheep's clothes, that is impossible to keep them straight. Even while scanning the Lakeview area last night, it would be hard to get past the Ed Hardy shirts, sunglasses at night, and just general douchebaggery and find a decent guy. Strange times indeed.


3. The movie The Hangover is now the highest grossing R rated comedy of all time.

4. Currently listening to "Hold Me Tight" by The Beatles. Album: With The Beatles

2 Comments:

At 1:31 PM, Blogger The Rhythm of One said...

I second your thoughts on point #2. Why ARE there so many creepy old men and douchey younger men. And at what point does one switch to the other? Are men always bad, or is there a promising section around 30-45 where they are generally okay to deal with for women?

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger Emilia said...

If we as a society could just wrap our heads around the fact that women are people, with inherent value outside of their relationship to men - not just as someone's daughter, someone's sister, someone's wife, someone's mother, but as a painter, a physicist, as someone hilarious, smart, or talented - and if we could teach our children that women are people, little boys might grow up to be men who treat women like people.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home