cyclonejohn

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Solstice

Today has been a long day. Actually, it's Summer Solstice; so today is the longest amount of daylight for the year. That's not why today was long though. I just got up from my nap and I have that groggy disoriented feeling that you get when you take too long of nap. This morning, bright and early my family and I went to the amusement park Valley Fair. It was an absolute blast. But with the walking around, the rides, the noise, and the humidity, I am exhausted. Going to bed at 2:30 last night probably didn't help anything. After a fun day, a group of us went to downtown Minneapolis. The weather was hot and it was hopping downtown. We went to Brit's Pub and all had a good time laughing at my techniques to get women, drinking good beer, and enjoying the Minneapolis skyline. After that, I wanted to check out the new, chic bar Barrio. We went but we didn't stay long. Drinks were, and I'm not kidding, $13.50 for one beverage. We didn't stay there long. After Barrio we walked around downtown for a bit before settling on Sneaky Pete's. The one woman in the group immediately noticed how sketchy it was. The men all kept their mouths shut and enjoyed the "view". As usual, whenever I am surrounded by attractive women, I hid in a corner and people watched. It was loud but a blast in SP's.

1. As you probably know, I am headed to Alaska for eight days tomorrow. I am unsure whether I will have any Internet access but I am bringing my journal along so if I don't post throughout the trip, I can assure you that you lucky people will be bombarded with my thoughts on the trip when I get back.

2. It is a high of 90 degrees the rest of the week in Minneapolis. Naturally, I will be in Alaska with an average high of 63 degrees.

3. I saw this on Andrew's facebook page. It is comedian and Daily Shows correspondent's speech to Obama at this past weekend's radio and TV correspondent's speech. It is very good. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW7OPByRGDY

Currently listening to "The Believers" by Brother Ali. Album: The Truth is Here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home