cyclonejohn

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa

This was not one of those relaxing, lay by the beach, sip mojitos, and work on my tan weekends. This was a whirl-wind weekend; and I would not have had it any other way. Thursday, my friend from college, J. Koo, returned from his epic trip to Asia and we hung out all day. Thursday night, Koo and I showed off our cooking skills and made an elaborate dinner for ourselves and Jim/Sarah. The dinner was awesome, and took about two hours and almost every plate and sauce pan I own. We made a variety of Indian dishes. After dinner, we met up with Anay and Allie and headed out to an un-named nightclub before calling it a night. Friday, I welcomed two house guests. My Iowa State friend Robbins came to visit, with his girlfriend. They were visiting Chicago for the weekend and stayed at my apartment. Friday night, we had a nice Chicago style pizza dinner, and then spent the rest of the night dancing at The Red Ivy. Saturday afternoon was game time, we met up with Jim, and all of us watched a Twins victory over the Cubs at Wrigley. After a nice dinner of Lucky's sandwiches, we walked around downtown, and had ice cream and watched the Buckingham Fountain change colors. It is my new favorite view of downtown. After that, we spent the rest of the night at our friend Jacqueline's house warming party and called it a night. After a delicious brunch at Orange, I sadly wished Aaron and Lauren a nice drive back to Iowa. Great weekend but exhausting... I will probably be asleep by 9:00 tonight.

1. Interview #4 tomorrow... wish me luck!

2. Currently listening to Oxford Comma by the band Vampire Weekend.

3 Comments:

At 11:21 PM, Anonymous Michel said...

By "Unnamed Nightclub" you mean the gay bar Spin. Right?

 
At 2:08 AM, Blogger Jon said...

I can't believe you just heard about Vampire Weekend! I couldn't stand all the hype about them when that album came out last year. But yeah, some of it's pretty great, even though there are one or two songs I can't stand.

On an unrelated note...I tried whale. Expect a blog on it soon.

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger cyclonejohn said...

All of my "music" experts are shocked I have not heard of them; as they are sooo 2007. Yeah, I am just being introduced to them now and I am very impressed. I see they are touring with The Shins. That is a show I would love to see. Unfortunately, no shows close to me unless I want to go to Lollapalooza... which I'm thinking about.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home