cyclonejohn

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

We sure are cute for two ugly people.

Yesterday was a good day. After two phone interviews, I had an in person interview with my hiring manager and the vice president. I thought I give it 100% and the waiting game started. To my pleasant surprise, less than 24 hours after the interview, the HR representative called me back and I have a meeting with the CEO and COO next week. I am purposely not going to reveal who the company is. I have all my cards on the table here with this job. I'm ready!

1. After a rough couple of months, Jimmy Fallon has actually been fantastic this week. I do think he has to fire his writing staff though. His stand-up monologue is not funny. He is nervous and shuffles around too much. However, his interviews are good, and his skits are very funny. The nervousness will go away, but if he doesn't replace his writers, he's in trouble. On Monday, Mark Paul Gosselaar came on the show as Zack Morris - the character he played ten years ago on Saved By The Bell. He was great. He did the time-out, talked about Zack Attack, his time at Stansbury College, and more. Go to nbc.com and watch it. Yesterday, the main guest was Will Ferrel. You can't go wrong with him.

2. I enjoyed Sarah Palin's tirade this morning against David Letterman. For those who don't know, Letterman top's ten list was all about Palin. He referred to her working part time as a slutty flight attendant, among other quasi-offensive statements. Comedians make a living saying offensive things like that. That is nothing compared to the jokes about the Clintons, or W. If Palin wants to be taken seriously, she has to toughen up a bit and not let guys like Letterman get to her.

3. I was worried this year's NBA finals would suck. Nah. It has been awesome! Yesterday, it was a shame that one of the teams had to lose. Both the Lakers and Magic played awesome.

4. I have very much enjoyed the Colbert Report this week. He is in Baghdad the whole week performing stand-up for the troops and doing his show live there. It has been funny and I am sure a welcome change for our country's bravest.

5. Currently listening to "Anyone Else But You" by Moldy Peaches. Album: Juno Soundtrack

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home