cyclonejohn

Monday, June 08, 2009

"It's June and it is so cold out we can see our breath."

As you can probably figure out, I never did make it to Indianapolis. I had planned on leaving for Indy at about noon when I decided to call my friend Mike and ask if he wanted to join me. To my pleasant surprise, he said yes. He was working on Friday so he left after work and we would leave for Indy Saturday morning. Unfortunately, our Indy friend Rus called at about 10:00 and said actually this was not a good weekend to visit. I was cranky for a bit but that quickly subsided as Mike and I ended up having a great weekend. We got lost on the South Side, walked around the University of Chicago, walked around Lake Michigan, ate really good food, and bar-hopped. It was a really fun weekend. My highlight was Saturday night when Mike and I were at a dance club. As per my usual, I was sitting in the corner people watching and Mike went out and danced. He found an attractive woman, asked to dance, and the woman not only accepted, but proceeded to just maul him. He tried to escape on at least two occasions and was unsuccessful. The only winner... me.

1. I actually ended up seeing three movies since the last time I blogged. The first two I rented were both good. Valkyrie, is a WWII true story movie about those in Hitler's inner circle who tried to kill him. I give the movie an A-. It was action packed, emotional, well acted, and very good. Next I saw The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. The movie was way too long. It was really good but too long. The movie was about three hours long. The time of the movie didn't bother me. 90 minute movies can be too long if there are superfluous scenes. An hour could have easily been cut out of the movie with no critical plot being removed. I give the movie a B though and it is still a good movie. The movie highlight of the weekend was Sunday night when some friends and I saw The Hangover. I loved it and I give it an A-. It's raunchy, and sophomoric... and hysterical.

2. I got a call back that I have another interview tomorrow!

1 Comments:

At 9:01 PM, Blogger The Rhythm of One said...

"Hey! There are Skittles in there!"

I love Zach Galifianakis.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home