cyclonejohn

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Fighting with my shadows

I am definitely thinking more and more about trying out being a substitute teacher. I did some research online and the only thing I have to do to be a sub in Illinois is pay $50 in "fees", pass some background tests, and send in my official college transcripts. I plan on doing this tomorrow. My only concern is regarding logistics. Unlike Minneapolis, driving to suburban school districts will be challenging; and I do not want to get lost in parts of Chicago I am unfamiliar with looking for random high schools. I think this experiment will let me know if I should seriously think about going back to college to get certified in education or not. I can still bartend or wait tables as a side job. If anybody has any advice, I would greatly appreciate it.

1. Chicago is such a playground for the beautiful that the sight of an attractive person rarely even fazes me. I think back to when I was 17, 18, and basically the only requirement I had for dating someone was that I found them to be superficially beautiful. One thing that I have noticed recently is how different my personal list of important traits in the opposite sex has changed in the past six or so years. I think now of things like religion, compatibility, similar interests, similar backgrounds, et cetera. A woman who can make me laugh, make me think, or inspire me is much more attractive than her bust or dress size. Does that make any sense? I still appreciate beauty for the sake of beauty. It is just so much less important. I suppose this is just another sign of me getting older.

2. I would like to go one week without going on Facebook and seeing one of my "friends " getting engaged! C'mon now!! I have had four people I know in the past three days get engaged!

3. I miss watching How to Catch a Predator!

4. Currently listening to I'm Into Something Good by Herman's Hermits.

3 Comments:

At 9:07 AM, Blogger The Rhythm of One said...

so what you are saying is that your standards have dropped and you are ogling uglier people now. (I agree btw)

 
At 12:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

60 percent of marriages for couples between the ages of 20 and 25 end in divorce. It's too easy to get married, and it's too easy to get divorced.

 
At 6:53 PM, Anonymous BORAT said...

Ah, My wife, when I buy her three years ago, she was strong on plow and did what I told her with no back talk. Now she is seventeen and her vagin is stretched out and looks like sleeve of wizard...
...
...
...
...I have just been informed that my wife, she is dead...
...
...
...HIGH FIVE!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home