cyclonejohn

Monday, July 06, 2009

say what?

What is Sarah Palin doing? A few weeks ago, I posted what I think Sarah Palin should do if she has any chance of becoming president. I suggested she run for senator, give a series of policy speeches and remain patient. Possibly running for president in 8 - 16 years would make sense. Apparently she has decided not to listen to my advice as she has resigned from governor of Alaska. WTF? No, she hasn't officially said she is running for president in 2012... but she ended her resignation speech with this:

I've never thought I needed a title before one's name to forge progress in America. I am now looking ahead and how we can advance this country together with our values of less government intervention, greater energy Independence, stronger national security, and much-needed fiscal restraint. I hope you will join me. Now is the time to rebuild and help our nation achieve greatness!"

If that doesn't sound like someone who is running for president than I don't know what does. Uh... I have a few questions. 1, Before you were governor of Alaska, you were the mayor of a city with 1/10 the population of the suburb I grew up in. You have been governor for only 30 months. How on earth can you say you have the qualifications to be president? 2, Your major criticisms have been that you are flaky, light-skinned, and inexperienced. How are you going to change people's minds in such a short amount of time? The real winners in this scenario are the other Republicans running for president like Mike Huckabee, Gingrich, and Mitt Romney.

1. I had a really nice weekend. Four friends and I went to Michigan for the weekend. We stayed in a lake house, sang Beatles songs around a bonfire, ate good food, some people wind-surfed, others kayaked, some people went on the speed boat, and if we were bored with all of that, we went tubing, jet skiing, and water skiing. I give the weekend an A+. I have never been on a jet-ski before and I was quickly called the most reckless and dangerous jet-skier they had ever seen. I enjoyed that title. Michigan always gets a bad rap in the media as being ugly and dangerous. I wish the media would focus on its Western side. It is absolutely gorgeous and I look forward to going back.

2. As you know, I am trying to be creative in my job search. What would you say if I became a bartender? If so, what advice would you give for me? Do you recommend I just apply to jobs? Should I go to bartending school? What type of places should I apply to?

4 Comments:

At 2:38 PM, Blogger The Rhythm of One said...

So you think that Palin was qualified to be vice-pres?

Michigan is "ugly and dangerous"?! Were you jet skiing in downtown Detroit?! :P

Learn to drink something beyond Rum & Cokes before becoming a bartender. Call Andy V/Anay for tips. And no more Triple Sec shots you wimp!

 
At 10:15 PM, Anonymous Misogynist Mike said...

Palin better not run for President. If she does, she'll get slaughtered. The only chance she has at President is if she goes against Hilary. A black president is one thing, a woman president is something much more.

And you should apply to Sneaky Pete's type bars. So I can get hammered for free and enjoy the scenery.

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger Jon said...

Bartending school is a joke. Typically, if you have no bartending experience, you have to work at a bar for a while as a busboy, waiter, etc., then eventually work your way up to bartending.

Be a barista (just not at Starbucks).

 
At 3:09 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

i did bartending school, it was interesting. i was there with former Chicago bull..Dickie Simpkins. i also learned a lot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home