cyclonejohn

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

And now... a word from the president.

For those who don't know, in the past four weeks I have had a total of six interviews with two different companies. Last week, I found out that I will not be working at either company. They have both gone with different candidates. My pride has been absolutely crushed; leaving me to start at ground zero. Let's get creative people! After six months of being unemployed I have nothing to show for my hours and hours of applying to jobs, interviewing, critiquing my resume, and networking. Nothing. To say I am dissapointed would be an understatement. I have this great opportunity to start over with my life. What should I do?

1. After a successful eight or nine days in Alaska, I am happy to be home. Alaska is absolutely gorgeous. Everyday we hiked on glaciers, or rafted by moose and bald eagles. If you like photography and scenery, then Alaska is your place. The weather did not cooperate. Alaska only gets 44 days of sunshine a year. We were actually pretty lucky that it only rained half the time we were there. The rest of the time it was miserably cold and windy. The highlight of the trip was the cruise ship itself. For those of you who have never cruised, I would happily spend all my future vacations cruising. After I was criticised for my three page post following my Washington D.C. trip, I will leave this post by saying if you want to know more, just ask!

2. I saw two movies while on the ship. I give Gran Torino and A. It had an original story, and the writing and action was terrific. Clint Eastwood is still such a badass! Unlike Kevin James... I saw his movie Paul Blart Mall Cop. I give it a D+. There were times I laughed out loud at how ridiculous the movie was.

3. Currently listening to "Will you be there" by Michael Jackson.

2 Comments:

At 10:36 AM, Blogger The Rhythm of One said...

If people don't want to read a 3 page post, then they shouldn't. Quit bitching people!

Was it Nimit? I'll bet it was Nimit.

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger Jon said...

How can you give "Gran Torino" a solid A? That implies it was pretty much a perfect movie. It was ok in my opinion, but no matter what you think about the characters, story, etc., there's absolutely no way to look past the awful, awful acting.

P.S. I'd like to see a three page post about Alaska.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home