cyclonejohn

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Russian roulette is not the same without a gun.

After a two hour nap I am feeling better. I am back in Minnesota after a fun but exhausting weekend. Friday morning I woke up early, rented a u-haul and went to the storage unit I had been renting for $109 a month since November of 2007. There was a bunch of stuff I didn't need like clothes, entertainment set, kitchen table, et cetera and my parents and I first loaded the truck with these and took them to charity. We then returned to the storage unit and loaded up the u-haul. After a quick lunch, I picked up my friend Adam X and we were off. Approximately eight hours later, we arrived in Evanston, IL and spent the night with my friends Jim and Sarah. Saturday morning I woke up at seven sharp, went to my new apartment, and with some friends we unloaded the truck, returned the u-haul, and I spent the rest of the morning and mid-day organizing and putting my new room together. It was a gorgeous weekend, about low 70s, and we decided to enjoy the weekend by walking down to Lake Michigan and throwing the football around. Besides Adam sustaining minor head trauma, it was a lot of fun. Saturday night we walked around, watched a movie, ate some great Italian food, and called it an early night. Adam and I woke up at about six this morning to catch our flight back to Minneapolis. It was a smooth flight, I'm back, and ready to get back to job hunting.

1. It was a very strange feeling Saturday night. My room was basically set up, I had everything in place, and it was strange to see this furniture I had not seen in a year and a half. Besides remembering the past, it was my first night where I really sat down and envisioned living in my new apartment. Before, it had always been Nimit and Ann's apartment that I was moving into. For the first time, it began to feel like my new place.

2. I saw a couple of movies in the past week or so. The Doubt was good. I give it a B+ and it is worth renting. Any movie with Philip Seymour Hoffman and Meryll Streep has to be good. If you are looking for a really sad but excellent movie, then go rent The Reader. Kate Winslett won the academy award for best female actress for her portrayal of an emotionally disturbed German woman shortly after World War II. I give it an A but be prepared that it is terribly sad.

3. Did anybody else read that Texas governor Rick Perry said it would be good for Texas to secede from the Union. Okay, he's an idiot. However, in a new Rasmussen report, one out of every four Texans said they agree that Texas should secede and become their own country. What is wrong with them?!?! Besides the whole slavery thing, I wonder how much better the United States would have been if their was the USA and the Confederate States. I would miss Florida and Virginia, but as a whole, many of our problems would be greatly reduced and the Confederate State of America would be a backwards country with a struggling economy.

4. Currently listening to "Apple Trees" by Ozma. Album: Rock and Roll part III.

1 Comments:

At 10:13 PM, Anonymous Mike Tieden said...

Texas should have seceded 10 years ago. Then we wouldn't have had the catastrophe known as the Bush Administration.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home