cyclonejohn

Monday, April 14, 2008

fried food and Koo in high heels

I hope everybody had a great weekend. I had fun, memorable, but all too fast, VEISHEA weekend. For those who don’t know, VEISHEA is the annual festival at Iowa State University. According to the Des Moines Register, on most years, VEISHEA attracts about 75,000 visitors to Ames, Iowa. This year, due to horrid weather conditions, there were only about 30,000 visitors. Ames has actually changed a lot in the past year and I dined at several new and good restaurants. The pizza was good at Jeff’s and my guacamole burger at Papa’s Corner was fantastic. My ears are still ringing from the bar Es Tas 2. Some of the highlights of the weekend included an international food festival (who would’ve guessed I like Sri Lankan food.), basketball losses to high schoolers, and an inebriated Fat Pat appearance. The weekend was a lot of fun but it went by so fast. Another one of my favorite moments actually came Friday during the day when I received a surprise phone call from Russ Lyons, who made a brief Minneapolis appearance. It was really great to get lunch and coffee with him and catch up on life as a missionary. Every time I see him he seems happier and more committed to this lifestyle. I’m happy for him.

1. I have celebrity sex tape news. Apparently, there is a copy of a sex tape with Marilyn Monroe. Wow! I was shocked when I read that. The tape went to some sort of an auction where a man bought the tape for 1.5 million dollars. He does not plan to release it and “make a Paris Hilton out of her.” Here is the link if you’re interested: http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/CelebSnapshots/popup?id=2858140

2. To all you Minnesota nightlife people, Gay 90’s is being bought by the same gentleman who currently owns Déjà vu and Dreamgirls. What will happen to the legendary Minnesota gay bar, hopefully blogger Cooltieds will be able to provide some insight.
http://www.startribune.com/entertainment/dining/17564934.html

3. I am proud of Elyse. Today, she begins day one of her dream career. Growing up, she always dreamed of writing for magazine like National Geographic or be a features story journalist for a top newspaper. Two weeks ago, she quit her job in sales at Epicor to accept the position of Associate Editor and journalist for Fender Bender magazine. I am not a car guy so I have never heard of it, but FB is apparently a well known publication in the auto world. This is a big step for her future in the journalism world. I am quite proud.

2 Comments:

At 12:27 PM, Blogger The Rhythm of One said...

there better be pictures from this weekend! You can't tease me with a blog title like that without coming through.

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger Koo4You said...

dont hate it unless you've tried it yourself hun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home