cyclonejohn

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Papa's got a brand new bag

Allow me to have my first day's take on the fifth day. I have been pretty burnt out already at the presidential race. I still am interested but my fascination in the process has been waning for several weeks now. However, I have been angered by republicans' new assertion that because Barack Obama is a liberal, he must be an "elitist". In the way that the words flip-flopper have been used ad nausem against John Kerry, then the words elitist will be used for John Kerry. Where did this start? The idea that because you are liberal you are an elitist? In reality, anybody who is running for president is an elitist. To wake up one day and say to yourself, "Hey mirror, you should be the most powerful person in the world. You should be the next president of America" is pretty darn elitist. But why is this term always thrown at the "sushi eating, latte sipping, New York Times reading, liberals!" Is it because there is a 4 - 1 ratio of people with Ph. D's that are liberal vs. conservative? Is it because most liberals reside in or around big cities and look down at their rural brothers and sisters? I don't know what it is exactly but it really bothers me.

1. I have recently become a hockey fan. That could be because I once again secured MN Wild tickets for tomorrow night. Playoff hockey is so much fun!

2. I would like someone who wants to have an indie movie marathon with me to volunteer. I would like to start with "Lars and the real girl", "Bamako", "Once", and "Romance and cigarettes". This was a great year, from what I hear, from indie films and I have done a terrible job keeping up. Once again, I am looking for volunteers.

3. Am I the only person excited for The Iron Man movie?

4. One topic of conversation that is frequented in male circles is what celebrity do you find most attractive. In the past five years, my favorites have morphed from the pop star Jessica Simpson, Britney Spears to the sophisticated classy girls like Kate Beckinsale and Keira Knightley, but I have a new favorite celebrity... Erin Andrews.
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/extramustard/11/09/andrews.qa/p1-andrews.jpg
Yes, there are women out there who are more "sexy" in the classic set of the word but Miss Andrews is the coolest.

5. I am happy The Office is back on.

"It appears that the website has become alive. This happens to computers and robots sometimes. Am I scared of a stupid computer? Please. The computer should be scared of me. I have been salesman of the month for 13 of the last 12 months. You heard me right. I did so well last February that Corporate gave me two plaques in lieu of a pay raise."

-Dwight Schrute

1 Comments:

At 10:46 PM, Blogger The Rhythm of One said...

I'm in! I love Indy movies!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home