cyclonejohn

Friday, May 16, 2008

Afternoon Delight

Today was a weird day. As I woke up like any other day, I knew that for sixty of my co-workers, life would be very different. Yesterday, my company laid off sixty people. They were given forty-five minutes to say their good-byes, clean out their desks, and leave. I understand that this is a part of business but it is tough to hear when it happens to your company. Both my parents have been laid off in the past and I know that sometimes good, smart, hardworking people get laid off. There are seventeen markets around the country, and Minneapolis was one of only a handful of places to not have any positions cut. I feel very fortunate to not only have a job, but also that none of my co-workers here were let go. I think of my colleagues with young children, or people who have been with the company for literally more years then I have been alive. Unfortunately, the economy is terrible right now. Some of the biggest companies in Minneapolis have had giant layoffs (Northwest Airlines, Caribou Coffee, Best Buy, Target, Medtronic, United Health Group, et cetera.) Sometimes I get lucky.

1. It is supposed to be beautiful this week (like eight degrees!) so I planning on actually laying out and getting some sun this weekend. I haven’t done that in a very long time.

2. Okay, no more llamas. I have decided that when I become a billionaire, I am going to have my own panda. Just look at this guy: http://rowhouselogic.com/Llama/panda3.jpg

3. How many of you saw The Office season finale last night? I loved it! I had many discussions with my co-workers today about the various cliffhangers.

4. There is a new bar that I really want to check out in Minneapolis. I have heard many good things about it so if anybody is interested in going out for a bit of boozing, let me know.

3 Comments:

At 5:23 PM, Blogger The Rhythm of One said...

A whole EIGHT Degrees! Wow.

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

eight degrees is cold

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger cyclonejohn said...

Clearly I meant 80 degrees! Asses.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home