cyclonejohn

Friday, April 25, 2008

El Scorcho

I hope everyone has big weekend plans. As of now, I don’t really have any weekend plans except for I have rented two movies this afternoon (There Will Be Blood and The Namesake.) Earlier this evening, my Dad and I are planning on going to the Gopher spring football game and tomorrow night I have a work function about an hour away. Yes, I will be spending my Saturday night working. : ( Well, every sports fan in Minnesota is thrilled about the Vikings trade for Jared Allen. I just watched his press conference and I can’t wait for football season to begin. This reminded me of one other time the Vikings made a blockbuster trade. In what most sports journalists consider the worst trade in the history of sports, in 1990, the Minnesota Vikings received Hershell Walker from the Dallas Cowboys (Walker got injured severely during the next season and never really did anything) and the Cowboys received the Vikings’ next three first round draft picks, the next three second round draft picks, plus their third round and sixth round selection. During those years, the Cowboys used those picks on such players as Deion Sanders, Troy Aikman, and Michael Irvin while the Vikings floated along the mediocrity river.

1. Jimmy Fallon will officially replace Conan O’Brien when Conan takes over for Jay Leno in about a year. I don’t know about this. I think Fallon has the potential to be great… or to bomb very very badly.
2. I am bummed out. One of my favorite downtown Minneapolis bars, Temple, closed this week. I just don’t understand the restaurant/bar business at all. The place was in a great location downtown. It was always packed and the food was expensive… Why is it so hard to maintain a restaurant that’s not a chain? I just don’t understand.
3. Did anyone watch The Office last night? The part where the woman buys Dwight the drink and he dumps it over was hilarious. Plus, I love Stanley.
4. Gas at this exactly one year ago was $2.67 a gallon.
5. 1-20-09… the end of an error
6. Is it bad that I would like to buy a pet llama? I found out that I can buy one for only a few hundred dollars! How cool would it be to come over to my house and we can play with this guy: http://www.thefuzzyfarm.com/males.htm

6 Comments:

At 9:44 PM, Blogger The Rhythm of One said...

I'm glad you finally found a friend who is hairier and poops more than you!

I also liked the part where Pam throws the football.

Jimmy will suck. Have you seen his show lately? Or ever?

 
At 11:17 PM, Blogger coolTIEDS said...

If you get a pet llama, we need to enter him in a llama competition and win some ribbons. I'll train him to be the best llama he can be.

Also, he will need to be able to fetch and open beer when we tell it to.

cooltieds.com

 
At 12:39 AM, Blogger The Rhythm of One said...

he can eat the bottle caps too. Llamas are the same as goats right? :)

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger Koo4You said...

i think you're going through a "Nimit-esque desire to care for an exotic animal phase." although a fox would have been cool to have in the apartment.

 
At 12:01 AM, Blogger The Rhythm of One said...

I certainly wouldn't call Cornelius "exotic".

 
At 12:36 AM, Blogger Koo4You said...

i was referring to the fox he wanted...as stated in the end of my comment..cmon divo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home