cyclonejohn

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Never argue with an idiot. They will just drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.

I am going to make a prediction right here that the Minnesota Vikings will win the NFC in 2008. Yesterday night, they announced they traded for Jared Allen in a deal that will send the Vikings to the Superbowl. Jared Allen, is a defensive end from the Kansas City Chiefs, and he led the league last year in sacks. Plus, he’s only 26 years old. There are two bits of bad news though. One, they had to pay him the richest contract for a defensive player in the history of the NFL. The contract hasn’t been officially released but it is rumored to be 6 year/74 million dollars. That is crazy money. Hear me out. Jared Allen joins a defensive line that already had two pro-bowlers last year. Two of their linebackers and one of their cornerbacks were pro-bowl alternates. Starting free safety Darren Sharper made the pro bowl last year. They signed Bernard Berrian to help the receiving corp. Three out of their five offensive linemen are pro bowlers. And am I forgetting someone… Oh yeah! They have the most electrifying young player in football in Adrian Peterson. Yesterday was a good news for Minnesota sports fans, not only did they trade for Jared Allen but five star recruit for the class of 2009, small forward Royce White, committed to Tubby Smith and the golden gophers. To all of the other teams in the NFC North, I have a few words for you:

Objects in your mirror are closer then they appear!!! The roar has been restored!

1. I was reading the paper this morning and I saw that Wisconsin has more DWIs then any other state in the country (per capita). I don’t think this should be a major surprise to anyone.

2. Has anyone seen the movie, “Forgetting Sarah Marshall”? I have heard it is good but I don’t know anyone who has seen it. Maybe I will see it this Friday night.

3. My favorite Hip-Hop group, Atmosphere, just released their new album “When life gives you lemons…” yesterday. Tieds, have you had a chance to listen to it? Should I buy it? They had a big release party last night at The Fifth Element. I meant to go and I even wrote it down I just completely forgot. For those of you who are not aware of Atmosphere, please go check them out on Conan O’Brien on May 21st.

5 Comments:

At 11:25 AM, Blogger The Rhythm of One said...

1. not surprised
2. I'm in.
3. I heard a live acoustic song by them on the Current on Monday. I guess the new album is more stripped down. We'll see how that goes for them, but I'm still really excited.

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger Koo4You said...

just one tiny problem with your Vikings prediction.... lack of a QB

 
At 11:14 PM, Blogger coolTIEDS said...

I have not heard the album in its entirety yet. They leaked a little bit on their Myspace page, and I've heard a bit there. I will probably buy it by the end of the week. I'll keep everyone informed of it on cooltieds.com.

And...the Vikings will not make it past the first round of the playoffs. The team is there, but you're forgetting one very simple thing mate, I'm Captain Jack Sparrow...no but really what you're forgetting is that it's a MINNESOTA SPORTS TEAM. We always choke in the end...and that end will be as a wildcard winner in the first round (if we are so lucky).

cooltieds.com

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger cyclonejohn said...

Blasphemy Cool Tieds!!!

 
At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes if the truth be known, in some moments I can reveal that I jibe consent to with you, but you may be inasmuch as other options.
to the article there is stationary a without question as you did in the go over like a lead balloon a fall in love with publication of this demand www.google.com/ie?as_q=jv16 powertools 2008 1.8.0.459 ?
I noticed the axiom you have not used. Or you functioning the black methods of inspiriting of the resource. I take a week and do necheg

 

Post a Comment

<< Home