cyclonejohn

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

I got back this afternoon from another trip to Iowa. There were phone booths at the London Underground which I will never look the same at again. There were terrible movies that were watched (Good luck Chuck) and there were brilliant musicians that I enjoyed live (Jimmy Eat World). This weekend provided me with a lot of time to reflect on the people that mean the most to me. I have been so blessed in this world and I have no one but the good Lord to thank for that. But more then just the good Lord above shaped me for who I am. I am always thankful for my whole family for the sacrifice, dedication, and love they have always shone me. But nobody has shaped me more in the past several years then the great friends I have met and the old friendships which are continually renewed. To all of you, and you know who you are, I raise my glass to you. I toast your commitment. I toast your unconditional love. I toast to your patience. There will be many changes that I will be making in my life in the near future. You will have questions. I will have few answers. But I can promise I will do my best to be a good friend too. After all, did Ralph Waldo Emerson not say, "The only way to have a friend is to be one".

1. Inspired by an article I have read today, I have decided to take a hiatus from Facebook. I want to put a new focus on my life without the influence of Facebook. I want to get outside more often. I want to read more often. I want to pray more often. I don't know if it will be a permanent removal from Facebook or not? We'll see.

2. This week I will be signing up for GRE and LSAT tests this fall. I regretfully half-assed it the first time I took the GRE and that mistake will not be made again. I have grand dreams and I want the test scores to help open doors to make those dreams more of a reality. I have always been a bit of a dreamer, maybe I just agree with Bob Dylan when he said, "I am against nature. I don't dig nature at all. I think nature is very unnatural. I think the truly natural things are dreams, which nature can't touch with decay." It is hard to argue with the poet. Life is too decayed. My dreams are pure.

3. I will miss Juney the most.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home