cyclonejohn

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Alcohol: The cause and solution to all of life's problems

I have been feeling a little blue recently so instead of my usual self-medication of watching bad television and eating Oreo's, I decided to go work out. I wasn't really in the mood for any weight lifting so I looked at the class schedule. I saw that in fifteen minutes FITNESS YOGA was starting. I had not done yoga in several years but I figured I would be okay. The class was me, one other guy, eight women, and an openly gay instructor.

I just got my ass kicked.

I am going to be sore everywhere tomorrow. My whole lower body, abs, and shoulders are going to be really sore tomorrow. A lot of people, in particular, ignorant young men like to mock yoga as something that is too feminine, too easy, or whatever. I have news for you. As long as you move beyond Yoga I and go into an intermediate level class, yoga can be a great workout.

1. I see that Hillary Clinton is winning big in Pennsylvania. I think this will come to the surprise of no one. This bit of bad news is cancelled out by the fact that George W. Bush has the lowest approval rating, 31%, in Gallup's history. Ironically, just past 9/11, he had the highest ever recorded approval rating at 91%.

2. Most people know that I am a huge Weezer fan. However!!! What the f*ck is this for their new album coming out in two months: http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/page/news/50108-is-this-really-the-new-weezer-album-cover

3. While on the drive to Ames this weekend with Trevor, we talked about our favorite and least favorite band names. My all time favorite band name is Nirvana. How perfect is that? I have so many bad ones but I think Hoobastank might be the worst. There are so many other bad ones though (Limp Biskit, The Band, N.W.A., et cetera). What are your favorite and least favorites?

4. In another sign of the Apocalypse is coming... 15 year old pop singer has just landed a seven figure deal to write her memoir. Besides Josh Koo, I don't know one person who will read this.

5. I just had my two year review at work today. I cannot believe in a couple weeks I will have worked at USA Today for two years. That just amazes me.

2 Comments:

At 9:09 PM, Blogger Koo4You said...

i saw that in the news today...Billy Ray must be proud of his cash cow of a daughter he's got there.

Best Name? I dont know if its the best name but pretty clever one is a punk band called "504 Plan". a "504" is a written up course of action a teacher and counselors write up for behavior problem students. Only Education majors would know that.
---------------
as for worst band name, there are a few:
birdmonster
blue sky black death
cobra starship
Holy Fuck
morningwood
People In Planes
Murder By Death
...and any emo trend band with names that make absolutely no sense or use sentences/phrases as their name

...all real band names...all awful ones at that

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger The Rhythm of One said...

I sure hope that isn't the cover for the red album.

I happened upon a band named I Can Make a Mess Like Nobody's Business. The band spawned from The Early November, so you know they have to be at least a little good. But the name is not good at all.

The Receiving end of Sirens
Panic! at the disco

 

Post a Comment

<< Home