cyclonejohn

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Don't tase me bro!

Last weekend, I posed the question this question to my friends about athletics. What if Wayne Gretsky was born in New Mexico instead of Canada? He probably never would have picked up a hockey stick. He might have been a really good golfer or even a great la crosse player but I doubt he would match the success he did in hockey. What if Michael Jordan decided at a very young age that basketball wasn’t his thing and he was going to concentrate on baseball? After all, he was talented in baseball and did make it up to the double A level. He was good but the world would have been robbed of the greatest shooting guard in the history of the game. The question I posed to my friends was is there a sport or activity that I would dominate in but because I have never spent a lot of time on, I just am ignorance of my own greatness? Maybe I would be a world renowned cricket player? Maybe I would be the Babe Ruth of darts, fly fishing, or skeet shooting? I think I have found my sport… Bowling. I have not bowled more then two or three times in the past four years and yesterday some friends and I went out to the lanes. I am happy to report that my first game I bowled a 130 and my second game I bowled a 170! I have found my future ladies and gentlemen, and that’s bowling.

1. Brett Favre is going to be on the Late Show with Dave Letterman tonight? Would anybody be that surprised if he announces he is thinking about coming back? I would love it for pure entertainment purposes?

2. Normally, I am not a big fan of celebrity gossip but I am making an exception. The big gossip right now is Miami Heat star guard Dwayne Wade is dating Star Jones of The View fame. I would love it!!!!

3. FHM magazine came out with their annual list of the 100 hottest women in the world. The past few years the winners have been Scarlett Johanssen, Minnesota’s own Jessica Biel, and Jessica Alba. This year’s winner if Megan Fox from the Transformers. She is classically beautiful so I don’t have a problem with her being named number one… While perusing the list, I did notice that three women from the TV show The Hills made the list which immediately made me discredit this list. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24281739/

4 Comments:

At 7:22 PM, Blogger The Rhythm of One said...

now all you need is a bad combover and a drinking problem.

I really think that you would be good at curling. (actually, I just want to see you try, because the flops would be epic). :D

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger cyclonejohn said...

The curling flops would DEFINITELY be epic. Let's do it.

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger Koo4You said...

i thought d wade was married...

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger cyclonejohn said...

No, Dwayne Wade and Siovaghn got a divorce. I have to get you a copy of US Weekly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home