cyclonejohn

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Falling slowly, eyes that know me, and I can't go back. Moods that take me and erase me, and I'm painted black.

Whoa! How could I not write about former press secretary Scott McClellan's new tell all book about his time in the Bush administration. As if Bushie was not hurting bad enough, now one of his longtime loyalists has a new book just completely ripping him. He basically says he is a liar, deceptive, and viewed the war as a campaign tool. He also rips the Bush administration for the Valeria Plame/CIA fiasco, and Hurricane Katrina. I actually have an interesting perspective on Scott McClellan. I have met him. One of my favorite professors, Ray Dearin, invited him in to speak to his political rhetoric course. McClellan was engaging, charismatic, and intelligent. (And yes, I felt this way even when he worked for President Bush.) What is so bothersome to me is not that someone wrote a book about Bush being a manipulative liar, but the fact that this is coming from a man who had been a loyal Bush enthusiast and employee for fifteen years. He must have really felt betrayed by Bush.

1. I have received a few emails/calls blasting me about my criticism of the movie Once. I never said it was a bad movie. I just felt it was a bit slow. Maybe because it is a chick flick? But the soundtrack is absolutely brilliant. This is the song that won the academy award for best song in a movie soundtrack: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0lIdr5TsaU

2. My favorite news of the day was finding out that Clay Aiken is going to be a daddy. At first I was confused because... umm... he's gay, but then after reading the article, I see a friend of his was artificially inseminated with tiny baby Aiken sperm. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24882499/

3. All of this Sex and the City talk bores me so much!!! Apparently I don't have a "passion for fashion". I found the show completely uninteresting and I don't understand why these women were looked up to. None of them should be viewed as role models and I would NOT let my teenage daughter watch it if I had one. Here is the lead-character, Carrie Bradshaw. She is a materialistic, lazy, narcissistic smoker who cheated on her fiance and then instead of doing anything about it, she lights up another cigarette, sips another martini, and talks openly with her friends of her promiscuity while spending thousands of dollars on handbags and dresses with giant fucking flowers on them. Why is this show celebrated? The only good news is that if you are a single man, then this Friday night is your lucky night. There will be literally thousands of groups of single women floating around the United States who will be looking for some entertainment before and after the movie. I'll pass.

1 Comments:

At 9:19 PM, Blogger Emilia said...

I think calling Once a chick flick is a completely erroneous categorization. But it was extremely, extremely dull.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home